Plan of attack for Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom

mirak

Mouseketeer
Doing a day at AK and a day at MK in February, the Wed and Thurs before President's Day weekend starts. Got my FPs at the 60 day mark and I've been making adjustments from there. I think I'm all set.

Animal Kingdom:
FOP and the NRJ at rope drop
Kili Safari FP 10:30am
Dinner at Yak and Yeti
FOP and NRJ FPs at 7pm

I've got a few other FPs scattered and divided among family members throughout the day, but I'm not trying to burn my 3 FPs early just to get more. I don't think I'll need that many FPs at Animal Kingdom and so I'd rather just lock in my evening FPs now for the Avatar rides. Hitting Avatar once in the morning and once at night will be great. We'll fill in with lower-line rides, exploring the nature trails, and maybe even taking a mid-afternoon break at the resort.

Not so for MK. Front-loading FPs to reload...

Magic Kingdom:
At rope drop, me and older boys to Frontier for BTMR and Splash, spouse and younger son to Fantasy for Peter Pan and smaller rides.
Join up at Haunted Mansion around 10am.
Buzz Lightyear / Space Mountain FPs at 10am.
Mine Train FP at 11am.
Jungle Cruise FP at 12pm.

We'll have ridden everything we wanted at least once by noon (maybe several times for the rope drop rides), and the afternoon will be for repeating stuff based upon FP availability, resting at Tom Sawyer Island, and catching a few of low-line rides like POTC and Small World. Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern.

Any obvious errors or things I'm overlooking?

I think it looks pretty good for your AK day. It might be hard on your MK day to get through all the fantasy and frontier land rides you want if there’s EMH or lots of people heading for the same rides. I think you might be overestimating how much you’ll be able to get done during that time slot but anything can happen and you can go back to them in the afternoon if needed. Overall looks great though!

I like your style, especially for MK. Although we don't split up in our fam, your plan of attack (all headliners before noon, play the afternoon by ear based on FP availability, with shows as filler) is exactly how we do MK every time.

Looks like a good plan.
Just be sure to get to AK early enough for the plan to work. You need to be in line, through security at least an hour before park opening.
I like the MK approach. Last fall at MK, we ended with 7 FP for the day.

Doing a day at AK and a day at MK in February, the Wed and Thurs before President's Day weekend starts. Got my FPs at the 60 day mark and I've been making adjustments from there. I think I'm all set.

Animal Kingdom:
FOP and the NRJ at rope drop
Kili Safari FP 10:30am
Dinner at Yak and Yeti
FOP and NRJ FPs at 7pm

I've got a few other FPs scattered and divided among family members throughout the day, but I'm not trying to burn my 3 FPs early just to get more. I don't think I'll need that many FPs at Animal Kingdom and so I'd rather just lock in my evening FPs now for the Avatar rides. Hitting Avatar once in the morning and once at night will be great. We'll fill in with lower-line rides, exploring the nature trails, and maybe even taking a mid-afternoon break at the resort.

Not so for MK. Front-loading FPs to reload...

Magic Kingdom:
At rope drop, me and older boys to Frontier for BTMR and Splash, spouse and younger son to Fantasy for Peter Pan and smaller rides.
Join up at Haunted Mansion around 10am.
Buzz Lightyear / Space Mountain FPs at 10am.
Mine Train FP at 11am.
Jungle Cruise FP at 12pm.

We'll have ridden everything we wanted at least once by noon (maybe several times for the rope drop rides), and the afternoon will be for repeating stuff based upon FP availability, resting at Tom Sawyer Island, and catching a few of low-line rides like POTC and Small World. Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern.

Any obvious errors or things I'm overlooking?
How did you get FP for both Avatar rides?.....they are both Tier 1

How did you get FP for both Avatar rides?.....they are both Tier 1

Ah sorry, forgot to explain that these are divided between me and the older boys for FOP, and spouse and younger son for NRJ. He’s not tall enough for FOP. They’ll do NRJ a couple times at rope drop, too, waiting for us on FOP (my spouse hates motion sims).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter