• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Plan an itinerary

PrincessBelle39

DIS Veteran
Ok, I thought I'd put this out there. I've planned three different itineraries and now I have no idea what to do. If there is anyone out there that enjoys planning, I'd be grateful to see thoughts on how you would do this.

We are a family of 4 - 2 kids 14 and 11. We are travelling from Australia so have about a 14+ hour flight to get there so that needs to be considered. The plan is to visit Disneyland and see something else while we are there. Our 14 year old and hubby have requested Las Vegas although hubby and I are not gamblers. Its really just to see the lights, desert, hotels and swim. We would arrive 23 June and leave on 8 July. We are not the type to sit around and do nothing. We like to be busy and our holidays usually involve doing as much as possible. We are aware that its going to be hot and while we are mindful that this will make things a little more difficult, we do enjoy that.

What we want to see:

Disneyland - We really do want 4-5 days here.
Los Angeles - Universal Studios and taking the kids to the main Hollywood sites etc.
Las Vegas
Yosemite
San Francisco
Drive down/up coast between Los Angeles - Monterey/San Francisco
Beach

Any thoughts/ideas on how to do this would be great.

Just wanted to add - hubby and I have done this before. The kids were only little though - 3 and 11months. We did spend the night at Furnace Creek last time, but this was September, not June/July.

We can add on flights if we need to. ie: fly into SFO, LAS, LAX

We are happy to drive stretches of around 5-6 hours. Any more than this is a bit much as only hubby drives when we are in the USA.

Another update. After some discussion, we've decided we would prefer to miss the Tioga Pass. We did this last time and I was terrified and nagged hubby all the way down. Now there are 3 of us to nag him and I think it just might be a little stressful especially when he is also adjusting to drive on the other side of the road.

Update: Shouldn't have spoken too soon. We can't see how we can do this without dropping something or adding an extra night and going via Death Valley and up the Tioga Pass. The idea still makes me nervous though.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter