Plan advice and MNSSHP

jle323

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! We're heading back down in September. I had already made all of our ADRs and park plans when my boys told me they wanted to do MNSSHP (which I wasn't planning on doing). I need to move around some of my plans, but I need some advice. My boys are 7 and 10, and I don't want to try to do too much during the day that we go. I'm worried they'll break down before we have a chance to do anything. The last time we did MNSSHP my oldest was 5 and he had a complete meltdown. We had to leave the party very early.

These are my tentative plans:

Friday 9/16 - Arrival day; HDDR dinner
Saturday - Universal
Sunday - MK; CP breakfast
Monday - Epcot; Le Cellier dinner
Tuesday - MK; BOG breakfast, CRT dinner
Wednesday - Epcot; Biergarten lunch, Coral Reef dinner
Thursday - Rest day at the Polynesian; Kona breakfast, TRex dinner
Friday - AK; Tusker House breakfast
Saturday - HS; Sci Fi lunch

The days for MNSSHP that week are Sunday, Tuesday, or Friday. DH suggested that we do Sunday. He thinks that we could do a light MK morning and head back to the resort to rest in the afternoon. Then go back for MNSSHP. I'm worried that even doing that will be too much. My other options are: to do Friday and move AK to Thursday and get rid of our rest day; or do Sunday and move our 2nd MK day to Thursday, getting rid of our rest day. I don't want to do Tuesday as that's the day I got my 2 difficult to get ADRs :)

Thanks everyone!

I would NOT do Friday because the locals will be out and it will be busier. Tuesday would have been my choice, but that's out, so I'd make it Sunday then.

I'd make it Sunday. It will be less crowded then Friday. I'd make sure you leave early and take a nice rest.

keep your plans as is, except plan Sunday for the party. You were already going to MK, so just cancel the CP and you can have pool time before the party and 'rest.' Keep your rest day as planned for the other day. If you go to the party at the end of the week, i think the meltdowns are more likely since it is near the end of the trip and everyone is tired and cranky. If you go Sunday, it would be your second full day, so everyone should still be fired up with adrenaline.

I'd do Sunday - not as busy as Friday and you can keep your original plans. We always do an early morning/midday break and then go back for the party from the time my boys were 7 and 4. We only had one party where my oldest complained that he wanted to go back to the hotel - his costume was making him too hot, so once he changed he was good to go. Took an hour to figure out why my normal go-with-the-flow child was being the complainer, but I'm glad we narrowed it down. Every other party has been smooth sailing with that schedule - it works for us though.

I agree with Sunday - I wouldn't necessarily plan on cancelling CP but just head back to the resort before lunch, rest, swim, nap if you need to, etc. We've done MNSSHP twice - once when my kids were 8mo and 3, and again at 20mo and 4. The first time we did DHS in the morning and were back to the resort at lunch for naps, swim, etc before the party. I think the 2nd time we either stayed at the resort or just went to MK for a few hours in the am and swam and napped from lunch on. Both of my kids handled the party fine but at each party one of them fell asleep in the stroller by the end (they swapped years, hehe). Unfortunately not an option at this age! We're potentially/hoping to do the Christmas party this year and we'll be planning a completely empty day at the resort to sleep in, relax, etc before hand this time, but we're also planning a very low key trip and the party will be at the end of it.

Another Sunday here. It works out great for the next day, too. You can linger around the hotel and wake up and get moving slowly, since you have a second EP day, so there won't be pressure to "finish" a whole park in one tired day.

Forgive me if this is silly...When will the tickets go on sale for MNSSHP? First solo trip (for a conference) and that Sunday will be perfect timing for going. I want to make sure I get my ticket!

Is it always super busy at MNSSHP?

Depends on the day and how close you are to Halloween. Weekend days are always busy so Tuesdays to Thursdays are the best options when they offer parties on those nights. I haven't looked at the schedule in a while. If they offer a Monday (not Columbus Day), it may be even better as no local visitors typically.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter