• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Placing order early at BOG

jen7233

DIS Veteran
What is the benefit of placing orders at BOG 30 days before arrival to MK? Would we be served faster, or guaranteed a certain meal is available? I am just curious why I would want to preorder the meal here, as I see it as an option open to us shortly online in MDE.

I have a BOG reservation that I made for an 1125 reservation some time ago. I would like to change it, as it's a little early to me for lunch and may be in the middle of trying to finish up rides or fastpasses for the morning, but there aren't any other reservations available during my stay. So, just curious of the benefit of preordering at BOG. Thanks.

What is the benefit of placing orders at BOG 30 days before arrival to MK? Would we be served faster, or guaranteed a certain meal is available? I am just curious why I would want to preorder the meal here, as I see it as an option open to us shortly online in MDE.

I have a BOG reservation that I made for an 1125 reservation some time ago. I would like to change it, as it's a little early to me for lunch and may be in the middle of trying to finish up rides or fastpasses for the morning, but there aren't any other reservations available during my stay. So, just curious of the benefit of preordering at BOG. Thanks.

You get seated much more quickly. Definitely a good idea to do. Hope you enjoy your meal!

What is the benefit of placing orders at BOG 30 days before arrival to MK?.

Since the benefits of pre-ordering have already been addressed, I'll address the '30-day' part.
There is no benefit to doing this at the 30-day mark. We always pre-order on the actual day we are going - I don't know what I want to eat for lunch tomorrow, let alone what I want for lunch 30 days from now!!

The only benefit I can see to doing it earlier than the 'day of', is if the special edition rose goblets are offered again. I would assume that you might lock your cup in on the day you order - first ordered, first filled basis.

During our last BOG lunch, the line for those who hadn't preordered was all the way across the bridge. We got to bypass that and go straight to a short line at the register. Definitely preorder.

During our last BOG lunch, the line for those who hadn't preordered was all the way across the bridge. We got to bypass that and go straight to a short line at the register. Definitely preorder.
Same experience here. We got there after pre-ordering and went straight to a line to pay. It was about 4-5 people deep. The line to order was at LEAST 50 people deep. It was all the way to the check in at the entrance. Pre-order!!! You can add or remove things once you get up there if needed.

We didn't preorder and waited in a super long super hot line last September. They even had water available for those in line (and the thing was practically empty - we got a little sip) You can pre-order up to a certain time before your reservation. DO IT!!!!

Thank you, everyone. This makes sense! Seems like a good idea to get an order in at least before going.

Yeah. If you've ever been to Chipotle during rush I liken it to that.

People are in line 10 MINUTES and there's a menu. Then they get to the counter and DON'T KNOW WHAT TO ORDER. BOG is like that, only multiplied by about 7 million, plus people acting like kiosk ordering is insane and complex and like they have never been near even somewhere like Cedar Falls, Iowa, and it's newfangled technology only understood in the Silicon Valley or something, even though they're trying to film it all on their iPhone.

It's like that.

If all goes well you won't have to stand in a long line to order.
You check in and say you have preordered and they will send you up the left side of the bridge where you will confirm your order and pay and then you can find a seat and your meal will be delivered shortly there after.

I guess if you'd rather eat a little later you could not preorder and wait in that long line to order at a kiosk.

Can you pre-order if you are on the DDP? If so, I'm assuming the system knows to credit an entree, drink and dessert or that it can be adjusted at the register?

If I pre order can we split the bill when we get there? Can we use our dining plan credits and the other party members use theirs?

You can order the night before if you don't have a clue what to order right now. You can always change something when you go to pay. :) Just be aware that it

Can you pre-order if you are on the DDP? If so, I'm assuming the system knows to credit an entree, drink and dessert or that it can be adjusted at the register?
Yes, you can adjust your order before paying. You can pre-order if you are on the DDP.

If I pre order can we split the bill when we get there? Can we use our dining plan credits and the other party members use theirs?
One person has to pay for the entire order if you are using dining credits. When we were there last June we had two different groups with dining credits, so we had to plan ahead, with one group picking up the counter service credits at this restaurant and the other group picking up the cs credits at a different restaurant. It might be easier to have each group make their own reservation and place their own order. If I had know ahead of time about the use of credits, then I would have gotten two ADR's. But at the time I booked an ADR for the entire group and then was unable to split it into two groups later.

I pre-ordered for my upcoming trip, but the link in MDE still says "Place your Order." Is that just the way it is, or should there be a confirmation of sorts?

I pre-ordered for my upcoming trip, but the link in MDE still says "Place your Order." Is that just the way it is, or should there be a confirmation of sorts?

You get a confirmation # when you place the order not sure what it links to. The link is still there to re-place/edit your order should you need to change it.

I have a lunch reservations for four people. If I use pre-order do I have to order four meals or can I order two to split?

Last edited:
Thank you for this thread! Was not aware of this before, just finished placing my pre-order. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter