Placeholder refund?

longboard55

DIS Veteran
I just got a message that DCL cruise lines was refunding me $100, I assume it was for a placeholder spot we did last September. Did not ask for it, and I thought it was $200, did anyone else get one

Hi there,
Good news! DCL CRUISE RESERVAT recently credited your account.

Here are the details:

DCL CRUISE RESERVAT​
Tuesday, March 31, 2020​
+$100.00

More likely, it's due to a change in port fees... are you already re-booked on a cruise?

i got my $250 back today.. from 2018 for my april 2020 cruise. i received the other part of my cruise refund with a couple days and about 10 days later got the $250 placeholder refund.

Hi there,
Good news! DCL CRUISE RESERVAT recently credited your account.

Here are the details:

DCL CRUISE RESERVAT​
Tuesday, March 31, 2020​
+$100.00
Are you sure it's a refund? Could it be an OBC that they are giving you? Do you have a sailing booked with them at the moment? Maybe an OBC from a TA? It really doesn't say what account they are crediting unless there is more to the email you don't want to post, which I would understand.

No cruise scheduled, we did a placeholder deposit last year. No explanation it just showed up on the credit card

No cruise scheduled, we did a placeholder deposit last year. No explanation it just showed up on the credit card
I had a similar refund. We had booked a placeholder March 2019, eventually used it to book a March 2020 cruise, which was cancelled. I haven't selected whether to get a refund or FCC yet, but I got a $250 credit on the credit card I used to book the placeholder back in March 2019. I haven't used that credit card for any other Disney related activity, so I know it must be the placeholder.

I'm not aware of any placeholder deposit of $100. So I would guess it is something that was charged in error and they just corrected it.

Just in case, I would check that the placeholder reservation is still intact.

I had a similar refund. We had booked a placeholder March 2019, eventually used it to book a March 2020 cruise, which was cancelled. I haven't selected whether to get a refund or FCC yet, but I got a $250 credit on the credit card I used to book the placeholder back in March 2019. I haven't used that credit card for any other Disney related activity, so I know it must be the placeholder.

I have a Northern European cruise this July and I'm pretty sure they're going to cancel it. I am concerned that once it's cancelled, my placeholder benefits will be removed. After seeing your post, I guess that's what will be done if I don't move it before it's cancelled.

Wondering if it was a message meant for someone else and just mistakenly sent to you? We got an email a few weeks ago about our cruise being cancelled, for a reservation number of a cruise we took months ago.

Sounds like you may have had an OBC with mo ey left on it. If you used a travel.compamy they normally give you credit.

Wondering if it was a message meant for someone else and just mistakenly sent to you? We got an email a few weeks ago about our cruise being cancelled, for a reservation number of a cruise we took months ago.
I'm not sure if this was directed to me, but I did not receive any message from Disney at all. Just the $250 credit hitting my credit card.

Sounds like you may have had an OBC with mo ey left on it. If you used a travel.compamy they normally give you credit.
This wasn't the case for me either.

If you had a cancelled cruise, they are refunding the port fees and taxes, even if you took the credit. Could it be that?

just wondering. Took a cruise in June of 2019 and purchased the Placeholder for $250 and Disney was still honoring the OBC attached to the Placeholder. I realize the Placeholder is good for 2 years but you wonder what might happen to this option since so many cruises will be "backed up" will I be able to book a cruise within that 2 year time frame and since I am Gold status what will happen trying to book. I know too much thinking ahead..sorry!

About a year and a half ago, I once only paid $50 for a place holder. No idea why, and the cast member at guest services when I called to turn it into an actual cruise was very surprised to see it, but it gave no issues.

That said, a place holder is good for two years, so there would be no reason as to why they are refunding you after not even a year.

I got a random $100 credit a couple weeks ago too. I had two placeholders going (so $500).

We haven't received any credit for our placeholder booked last January. I'd emailed DCL last week about getting an extension as a result of all the cancellations. I was told that their placeholder policy has not changed - ie: no extension.

It may not have anything to do with a placeholder. I received a refund for no reason (as did a friend.

I was checking my CC to see if my MSC refund had hit yet yesterday when I noticed a $50 refund from DCL posted on 3/29. The problem? The one and only cruise I booked with DCL was completed (successfully) last September. So I asked the people that went with me on the cruise if they had any odd refunds from DCL. One family had 3 refunds totaling $100. They said there were only refunds posted to the card they used to pay for the cruise, not the card they used for on board expenses. The other person didnt have any sort of a refund but I had paid for her cruise on my CC (she paid me back).

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...e-theyve-already-taken.3799080/#post-61767288

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter