Pizza Rustica

dg39

DIS Veteran
For those of you who aren't familiar with this dish, its an italian meat pie, sort of. Ricotta, mozarella, procuitta, and some other ingredients. Anyway, I have all the ingredients, EXCEPT for the dough. It calls for a pastry dough. Whats the diff. between pizza/bread dough and pastry dough. AND most of all how do you make pastry dough. From the recipe it sounds just like pizza/bread dough. Any quick help would be soooooooo appreciated.....TIA....

I work at a popular Italian restaurant that is famous for its rolls. (Bertucci's). Thier pizza and bread dough is the same. I have never made it myself but...if you have a Bertucci's in your neighborhood you can buy the dough from them!!

Pizza dough is harder. Well it is firmer I guess you could say. Regular dough is smoother.

Pastry dough is usually flakier. You could probably use a pie crust dough for this recipe.

If it calls for a pastry dough, than that is very different than a yeasted bread or pizza dough. Google Pate Brisee. I used Martha Stewarts recipe for a tomato tart the other day that was incredible. It is much easier if you have a food processor. Good luck.
-Becca

Would you believe they did this recipe on the Food Network today? It was on Everyday Italian. Looks really yummy. The point of the crust was that it is light and flaky like pie dough, not heavy like yeast dough. The recipe is right there from today's shows.

ddavis860 said:
Would you believe they did this recipe on the Food Network today? It was on Everyday Italian. Looks really yummy. The point of the crust was that it is light and flaky like pie dough, not heavy like yeast dough. The recipe is right there from today's shows.

I saw that! I am obsessed with Food Network! I adore Rachel Ray, Gania De Larentis, Paula Dean, and Bobby Flay the most! :goodvibes

Well I made this darn thing last night. What a pain. The whole kitchen was a mess. Every part of my counter and island had "stuff" on it. I saw the show with Giada. I only wished my Pizza Rustica looked like that. Anyway, we're not having it until tomorrow and they BETTER EAT IT. Everything they make on the food network looks soooo good and fairly easy with little mess. However, this was a pain in the neck to make. Even if it tastes great, it'll be one of those "treats" that I make once a year, lke my Italian Cheesecake. Thats a once a year, during the X-mas holiday when that recipe see's the light of day. I'll let you all know how it tastes and if its worth making again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter