• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pixie Dust Stories

We were upgraded from a Standard VJew at AKL to a full savanna view. I remember looking that morning of arrival and seeing that the category of room booked had changed and I could not believe it. It was amazing.

My 4 year old son was also pixie dusted in Morocco with a dessert. I was in the bathroom when it happened but my husband said they asked if the little guy had any allergies and if he would like some cake. It was a nice little surprise and he enjoyed it very much :)

This was years ago but we were at the end of a Magic Kingdom day with our daughter who I think was 18 months old. It was Christmas time and the park was closing early for the Christmas Party when two CMs walked up to us and asked us if we were going. We said no and they produced some tickets which they handed to my daughter and said, "Actually, Mickey told us he wants you to come tonight!"

It was amazing. Because of that we have the CUTEST video of her meeting Pooh and friends and we had a GREAT time.

Going even further back when we were there for our honeymoon which I think would've been in 2012, they upgraded us to a room with the view of the Epcot fireworks at the Yacht club, and everywhere we went we got free things--ice cream, pretzels, you name it. We walked up to Coral Reef one day knowing they were probably going to turn us away because we didn't have a reservation and the manager happened to be there and was like "We're not turning away newlyweds!" and walked us to a table by the aquarium and then sent over two glasses of champagne. It was amazing!

Those sort of things made it a little more sad when we went last March and both my daughters had birthdays that week and we got...nothing. I'm not even sure anyone said happy birthday to them. We had one person at one of the stations in Epcot give them a free little bit of cake but she was the only one the entire time that made them feel special.

I'm a person who looks for Pixie Dust in all the small things, here are a few of my favorites:
*Not so small- once we were upgraded from a Little Mermaid Room to a Cars Suite.
*Over the years we've been handed fastpasses for all kinds of hiccups--many times we felt these weren't really necessary and were above and beyond.
*Every time Merida points at her hair and then points at my red headed son from the parade.
*An extra long meet and greet with Elsa, my (at the time) 4 year old son's first love ;)
*Every single time Disney restaurants make my son, who has a dairy allergy, smile when they bring out things he really can't get anywhere else.
*Characters popping up at resorts--such a fun surprise, I always feels pixie dusted.
I'm sure there's more but that's what first comes to mind.

Last month we were upgraded from a standard room at Beach Club to Club Level. It was perfect because it was my dad's 80th birthday (but we hadn't noted that on our reservations, so I feel like we were just lucky with pixie dust).

In August 2018 we were having breakfast at Garden Grill. We asked for Chip/Dale and other characters to autograph a t-shirt with sharpie markers that we had brought. When the server asked who the t-shirt was for, we mentioned that my 8 year old niece had just been diagnosed with cancer and we were hoping to get as many autographs as we could on a t-shirt for her. The server asked if she could keep the shirt and could we come back around 4:00pm. She said she had a surprise for us. When we returned, the t-shirt had been signed with 20+ autographs of different Disney characters in a variety of coloured sharpie markers. It was an amazing souvenir! My neice LOVED the t-shirt, as well as the bag of Disney stickers that they included with the autographed shirt. She's outgrown the shirt and it's fading, but she still has it hung up in her room - and while she is still in and out of hospitals, she is in remission so we are very grateful. That shirt full of autographs brought her a lot of joy.

Our first trip to WDW was in February of this year. We originally planned a split stay at the Gran Destino Tower and Sapphire Falls at Universal. Our original plan was two park days and a resort day before we moved, and then possibly a day or two at Universal or Kennedy Space Center or something else once we had moved. However, once we got to the Universal hotel, it was... subpar, to say the least. I won't go into too much detail about it, but we wanted to move to a different hotel ASAP. After one night there, we called Disney to see if there was anything we could do, we ended up in a Casitas room back at CSR. We called once we got there, and found out that we had been upgraded to a club level room back in the GDT, completely for free. Amazingly enough, the story doesn't end there. Once we moved up to the new Tower room, we got talking with the Concierges in the Chronos Club, and we told them what happened with our whole hotel debacle, purely as small talk, not trying to elicit pity or anything. Around 10 minutes after we finished talking, the concierge comes back over and tells us that he's put two days of park hopper tickets with G+ on our MDE account, just to make the last day of our trip a good one. Thinking about this still leaves me in disbelief, especially as it was our first trip to the World. Cemented my longstanding obsession with the parks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter