Pixie Dust at SSR!

You need at least ten posts. Keep responding in this thread :)

That’s interesting. I didn’t know that was a requirement. Or that I didn’t have 10. I forgot that I made a new account after I divorced. I used to post all the time, years ago

Yes! My husband sent the pic to his family group thread and said, “interesting bag choice for Disney”, lol. I guess they really aren’t paying attention at bag check...unless you have an aerosol can or umbrella
Not only for Disney,I think it is an interesting bag choice for ANYWHERE!lol:)

Definitely a "head turner"- I did several double-takes when I saw it-still a little perplexed that the Guest thought it perfectly appropriate for Disney World(although I suppose many do consider the "subject matter" to be "Magical"!lol :) ).

I don't think it was part of the Dooney & Bourke Disney Collection,but,who knows,these are VERY unique times in which we live!lol:)

Not only for Disney,I think it is an interesting bag choice for ANYWHERE!lol:)

Definitely a "head turner"- I did several double-takes when I saw it-still a little perplexed that the Guest thought it perfectly appropriate for Disney World(although I suppose many do consider the "subject matter" to be "Magical"!lol :) ).

I don't think it was part of the Dooney & Bourke Disney Collection,but,who knows,these are VERY unique times in which we live!lol:)
Hahahaha, yes quite “magical” to some. I’m sure her man would agree! And you never know. If it was part of the D&B 2020 collection I would not be surprised

We got pixie dusted at OKW last week. We had rented DVC points for a studio at OKW and when we walked into the room it was a 1 bedroom overlooking pool by Millers Pond. I was so shocked I backed out of room as I thought we were in someone else's room. Was a great surprise and made our trip even better.

We got pixie dusted at OKW last week. We had rented DVC points for a studio at OKW and when we walked into the room it was a 1 bedroom overlooking pool by Millers Pond. I was so shocked I backed out of room as I thought we were in someone else's room. Was a great surprise and made our trip even better.
Haha, yep, I just about did the same thing. My stepdaughter said, “do you think they made a mistake?” Lol. Congrats on your Pixie Dust!

My hubby loves to golf too. I’ve been trying to sell him on buying in to DVC, so maybe I can use that to help my argument 😜

OMG. My hubby and I went round and round about it too in the beginning. He finally gave in, but not because he "agreed" LOL! BUT, now we've been members for over 12 years now. If you just added the room rate for the vacation's we've taken, we've already spent what we paid in. We've been able to take grandparents and extended family on vacations there, which we would never have been able to afford if we were paying cash for it.

Don't forget too you get discounts on purchases while you're at the resorts, and some food too. Once they ran a golf special for DVC and it was $50 to get the card, and every time you golfed after 3 or something it was like $15 and had free club rental! Hubby was in heaven that year. When we went in 2018, my mother in law was adding up the 10% off discounts and she was shocked we reached 200 fairly quickly. DVC also gets free resort parking now too! All those little discounts add up.

AND, it turned out my daughter's sport was competitive cheerleading, so we were in Orlando yearly (sometimes twice) for that. No parks for us, but free hotel rooms for sure!

We even went to Vero Beach for a week, paid nothing for our room, and brought food for the kitchen. We had a perfect beach vacation our kids still talk about AND it was by far the cheapest we've ever spent for a vacation.

We just bought more points!

A fellow swim mom has 3 contracts. It's genius actually. They rent out one every year, and that cash goes to pay for the rest of their vacations! So they go to WDW on points, use the rental income to pay for their dining plan and their tickets! The extra contract she said waxes between a rental, or using the points, depending on the vacation they were planning. No joke, she fought with her hubby too in the beginning. LOL! Then she said when they got to my stage (buying the 2nd set of points), she said he began to see the benefits of it and was the one to offer up the idea of the 3rd rental contract.

People are so negative about time shares, but Disney does it right in my opinion. We're super happy about being members. If you have any questions, I'd be glad to answer them for you!

OMG. My hubby and I went round and round about it too in the beginning. He finally gave in, but not because he "agreed" LOL! BUT, now we've been members for over 12 years now. If you just added the room rate for the vacation's we've taken, we've already spent what we paid in. We've been able to take grandparents and extended family on vacations there, which we would never have been able to afford if we were paying cash for it.

Don't forget too you get discounts on purchases while you're at the resorts, and some food too. Once they ran a golf special for DVC and it was $50 to get the card, and every time you golfed after 3 or something it was like $15 and had free club rental! Hubby was in heaven that year. When we went in 2018, my mother in law was adding up the 10% off discounts and she was shocked we reached 200 fairly quickly. DVC also gets free resort parking now too! All those little discounts add up.

AND, it turned out my daughter's sport was competitive cheerleading, so we were in Orlando yearly (sometimes twice) for that. No parks for us, but free hotel rooms for sure!

We even went to Vero Beach for a week, paid nothing for our room, and brought food for the kitchen. We had a perfect beach vacation our kids still talk about AND it was by far the cheapest we've ever spent for a vacation.

We just bought more points!

A fellow swim mom has 3 contracts. It's genius actually. They rent out one every year, and that cash goes to pay for the rest of their vacations! So they go to WDW on points, use the rental income to pay for their dining plan and their tickets! The extra contract she said waxes between a rental, or using the points, depending on the vacation they were planning. No joke, she fought with her hubby too in the beginning. LOL! Then she said when they got to my stage (buying the 2nd set of points), she said he began to see the benefits of it and was the one to offer up the idea of the 3rd rental contract.

People are so negative about time shares, but Disney does it right in my opinion. We're super happy about being members. If you have any questions, I'd be glad to answer them for you!
Thanks!
I’m going to let my hubby read this post!

Our first stay at SSR was booked by renting points for a studio. When we arrived, the room was in very bad condition.....wet carpeting and musty odor, a floor lamp that was broken at the top, with exposed wiring, bedding for the pull out that had cigarette burned holes and what looked like blood stains all over the sheets and blankets. I took photos of everything and went to the front desk to request a different room. The cast member who handled it was amazing, and appalled by the photos. There weren't any studios available, so she upgraded us to a one bedroom villa in a preferred building. It was incredible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter