Pixar Pier to Open June 23 at DCA; New ‘Incredibles’ Float to Join Paint the Night’ Parade

We are there when pixar fest starts on 4/13-from how I am reading it it sounds like the Incredicoaster will be up and running for Pixar Fest? Does it sound like that to you guys too?
Incredicoaster will open with the pier on 6/23.

I feel so much better now, thanks everyone! I don’t want to miss seeing it all, so we can’t move the trip up, but hearing it’s always crazy anyway, we’ll just suck it up!

We are there when pixar fest starts on 4/13-from how I am reading it it sounds like the Incredicoaster will be up and running for Pixar Fest? Does it sound like that to you guys too?

No. Pixar Fest starts 4/13 meaning the entertainment. But the Pier refurb opens June 23. So you get the two parades and fireworks, but the rides won't open until June.

:worried: Ugh!! We leave on the 23rd! What a huge bummer! I had really thought the opening would coincide with the new Incredibles movie. O well... we have never seen Paint the Night so I am glad that we will at least have an opportunity to see that.

SO never been to DL or DCA. What will if anything be open at DCA Paradise Pier for the first week of June. Our trip is June 2-9th.

SO never been to DL or DCA. What will if anything be open at DCA Paradise Pier for the first week of June. Our trip is June 2-9th.
Toy story mania should be open. The only things closed right now are the rollercoaster and all the shops and the carousel will be closed at that time.

SO will anything be open at Paradise Pier for June 2-9th??? Never been to DL and was disappointed when we booked last fall to find out about the construction at PP. Hoping something will be done by early June..

SO will anything be open at Paradise Pier for June 2-9th??? Never been to DL and was disappointed when we booked last fall to find out about the construction at PP. Hoping something will be done by early June..

No, unfortunately only the Toy Story Midway Mania ride will be open for you on the pier. However, this is a great ride so that's a good thing. The fast pass distribution for this ride is temporarily located near the Little Mermaid ride across from the pier.

So being that we have never been there... its basically the California Screamin and Mickeys Fun Wheel that is down... will World of Color still be occurring and will the shops be all down too? Thanks!!!

So being that we have never been there... its basically the California Screamin and Mickeys Fun Wheel that is down... will World of Color still be occurring and will the shops be all down too? Thanks!!!
Shops down. World of color is getting a refurb but it’s short and during mid/late April through early May.

The pier is currently a large circle around the waterfront and includes a TON of rides. The only two rides closed at the moment are Screamin (becoming Incredicoaster) and Mickey's Fun Wheel. The carousel will be closing soon. The only of those three rides that is a headliner is Screamin. The other headliner in that area is Toy Story Midway Mania. Supposedly the ride is to remain open throughout construction. It was open when we visited a few weeks ago despite the crazy wall situation they have there. The other half of the pier is not being changed to Pixar and all of those rides are open and should be open for your trip. That includes the Little Mermaid ride, the swings, the jelly fish, the zephyr, and Goofy's coaster.

Ohhh bmmmer.. we are going from may 19 to may 26...t his is such badnews... I hope we can atleast enter toy story mania....

That is great news... since my wife loves the TOY STORY RIDE IN DHS.... well seems we will just miss the incredicoaster and the wheel right?
Yes, the Incredicoaster & Fun Wheel will be the rides down. The Games of the Boardwalk (carnival type games) will also be closed along with the Pier eateries. There are still a lot of things to look forward to like GotG and Carsland (just to name a few). Carsland is mind blowing! You could spend half a day just sitting there taking in the scenary... or I could at least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter