Pirates To Be Temporarily Added to Genie+ Beginning 1/22/24

That's interesting. I wonder how long it will last. You're right about the Pirates wait, that line moves pretty fast. Hopefully adding LL won't make it worse.

We are scheduled to be in the parks for 4 days in mid-January. The 22nd will be our last day there so assuming they stick to that timeline then we will get an in-person experience of how the ride runs before and after the change. Will be interesting to see how it affects things.

We actually were there for 1 day about 2 weeks ago and they had some kind of LL-like thing going on that we couldn't figure out. In the left-hand POTC line there was a separate line that a ton of people were using to join the regular line about half way in. The people joining all had some little colored paper thing that they were handing to a cast member standing at the line junction. Couldn't see what was on the paper but in the 3 times we rode there must have been 75-100 people that cut in line with the papers. Thankfully it didn't seem to affect the wait time noticeably as Pirates is so good at moving people quickly. Just not sure what the heck was going on with that as we'd never seen it before.

HM a people eater is down....Splash a fast loader is down.....and now Pirates will double the length of a line for normal guests...along with im sure many other rides going down in the first part of the year

Not going to be a fun year until HM opens later this year

Maybe they are planning for the inevitable with Splash and HM down and the frequent downtime that Indy gets and thinking Genie+ adds a level of crowd control with POTC now having to shoulder the increased guest load.

At any rate, I’m looking forward to reminding my family I suggested Hawaii when they inevitably complain about the mess that will be New Orleans Square 😆

:oops: :oops: Our first day in the parks will be 1/22

It is what it is.....at least it will still be up and running. Yo ho, a pirates life for me

We are scheduled to be in the parks for 4 days in mid-January. The 22nd will be our last day there so assuming they stick to that timeline then we will get an in-person experience of how the ride runs before and after the change. Will be interesting to see how it affects things.

We actually were there for 1 day about 2 weeks ago and they had some kind of LL-like thing going on that we couldn't figure out. In the left-hand POTC line there was a separate line that a ton of people were using to join the regular line about half way in. The people joining all had some little colored paper thing that they were handing to a cast member standing at the line junction. Couldn't see what was on the paper but in the 3 times we rode there must have been 75-100 people that cut in line with the papers. Thankfully it didn't seem to affect the wait time noticeably as Pirates is so good at moving people quickly. Just not sure what the heck was going on with that as we'd never seen it before.

That was DAS (guests that don't need assistance boarding the boat) and Guest Recovery (MEP) merge point.

Lightning Lane has been a long time coming to Pirates. Since 2021 they have been messing around with the MEP/DAS merge points queue configurations at Pirates.

For a few months, DAS/MEP guest would use the left-hand ramp and merge at the doors. The right-hand ramp would be all stand-by guests and would also merge at the doors, but before merging, the CM would re-direct Stand-by guests to the queue that runs along the side of the building between the Tree house and Pirates.

I don't think this is going to be temporary at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter