Pirates! Pirates! Pirates!!! POTC At World's End! Discussion, SPOILERS

Ok well I did some research.
At the beginging the kid singing was will so some how he did not die and the song makes alot of sence when you buy it or listen to it alot. This is what I got out of it

The king and his men
stole the queen from her bed
and bound her in her Bones.
The seas be ours
and by the powers
where we will well roam.
Yo, ho, haul together,
hoist the colors high.
Heave ho, thieves and beggars,
never saywe die
song =
queen=calypso
bound in her bones=stuck in human form
king and his men=pirates
the seas be ours=calypso no longer rules the seas

Confusing I know LOL

The kid singing was Will? 0_o

Actually, no it wasn't. That kid was hung, and Beckett was there saying "Finally" to the fact that the pirates were singing the song the kid started. Beckett died when his ship blew up in the final battle between the Dutchman, the Pearl, and Beckett's ship. This was before Will's "one day" on land with Elizabeth, which is when Will III was conceived. The actors may look similar, but they are definitely not both played by the same person, nor are they the same character.

I don't think that was Will because you saw the guy pull the lever to make them drop and then you saw the feet go down. They probably would have showed it if he escaped.

I don't think that was Will because you saw the guy pull the lever to make them drop and then you saw the feet go down. They probably would have showed it if he escaped.
Plus the scene with Will III takes place, according to the words onscreen, Ten Years Later. I doubt that young boy who was hung for piracy, even if he managed to survive, would stay the same age for ten years.

Ok well I did some research.
At the beginging the kid singing was will so some how he did not die and the song makes alot of sence when you buy it or listen to it alot. This is what I got out of it

The king and his men
stole the queen from her bed
and bound her in her Bones.
The seas be ours
and by the powers
where we will well roam.
Yo, ho, haul together,
hoist the colors high.
Heave ho, thieves and beggars,
never saywe die
song =
queen=calypso
bound in her bones=stuck in human form
king and his men=pirates
the seas be ours=calypso no longer rules the seas

Confusing I know LOL
The kid at the beginning is not Young Will Turner.

In the credits, the kid is simply called "Cabin Boy". He is played by Brendyn Bell. The kid at the end who IS Young Will Turner is played by Dominic Scott Kay. It would not make sense for the kid the the beginning of the movie to be Young Will Turner. When that kid is hung (which he very obviously is), Beckett is alive and well and attending the hangings. Beckett dies in the movie and the kid at the end of the film is shown at a timeline of ten years later. Unless that child somehow managed to learn how to change identities, discovered immortality, found the Fountain of Youth, and discovered how to be "reborn" through Elizabeth. :idea:

Unless that child somehow managed to learn how to change identities, discovered immortality, found the Fountain of Youth, and discovered how to be "reborn" through Elizabeth.

^ I smell the premise for the fourth movie!

Oh wait it's just a peanut ;)

^ I smell the premise for the fourth movie!

Oh wait it's just a peanut ;)
If they do make a 4th one they better keep Will in it, otherwise I know about fifty people plus me that won't be going to it. :rotfl:

Am I the only one that gets the map at the end????? How could everyone miss it?????? There were 4 of us together at the movie and I was the only one that saw it.
How could there be a 4th movie? Jack already found the fountain of youth!!!!

At the end of the movie, he is in the little boat, and he pulls out the map to look for the fountain of youth.......if you look at the map and follow the trail, did anyone see where the X is?? X marks the spot you know..........................................................................................................it was at WDW in Florida! That is the fountain of youth! And as all who have been lately know, he is already there! He made it!
DH and I saw the movie again last night and paid close attention to where the X was...the X is not at WDW, the X is much further south.

Just a guess could the X be port canaveral where the Disney ships have their port. :)

Wow, you all are doing some serious analysis of this movie. I'm kind of impressed.

I've heard that Johnny Depp signed on for a fourth movie..
I've also heard he signed on for a fifth and sixth movie

I've heard that Johnny Depp signed on for a fourth movie..
I've also heard he signed on for a fifth and sixth movie
As of right now, there are no further movies confirmed to be in the works. Johnny Depp has expressed interest in doing more movies and has said he'd do a 7th one if asked, but as of now, there is no confirmation on anyone doing anything at the moment. We probably will not hear anything for a bit as right now they are all focused on promoting AWE.

Alright I've been trying to explain to my family that Will is free and i'm a little confused about it myself. Is he free from the Dutchman and someone else will take his place since Elizabeth was waiting for him, or is he free to see her more than every 10 years. I thought I understood but I really don't.

Alright I've been trying to explain to my family that Will is free and i'm a little confused about it myself. Is he free from the Dutchman and someone else will take his place since Elizabeth was waiting for him, or is he free to see her more than every 10 years. I thought I understood but I really don't.

He's free from the Dutchman. As for who will captain it after he leaves, I'm assuming they'd make the first mate the new captain which, in this case, I think, is Bootstrap.

Ah good point but.... It was ten years earliy, the kid had to be at least 9-10 years old. You see Will is in his 20s, so it could be Will singing we will never know. But as you see I made my point heh LOL.

oh and bye the way there will be a forth but Johnny will only do the movie for the right reason. They are going to wait awhile. I'm sad to say but pirates wont be out until 2009 :(

Just a couple of questions:

1. What is the dog's name?

2. What was Jack's father talking about when he made reference to Sea Turtles?

3. The song that as being sung at the hangings. Is it an orginal song for the movie?

Thanks

Just a couple of questions:

1. What is the dog's name?

2. What was Jack's father talking about when he made reference to Sea Turtles?

3. The song that as being sung at the hangings. Is it an orginal song for the movie?

Thanks

1. No idea
2. In the Curse of the Black Pearl Will asks Gibbs how Jack escaped from an island Barbossa marooned him on and he told Will that Jack waded out in the shallows and waited 3 days and nights until the sea creatures grew used to his presence. Then he grabbed sea turtles and tied them together and escaped. In Dead Man's Chest Will references the sea turtles again and Captain Teague says it again in At World's End

3. Yes it is an orginal song and is on the At World's End soundtrack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter