• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pirates opens July 1st!!

I wonder why Pirates would keep going down? Stalled boats?

It's hard to know but since the pandemic started, Disney has had quite a few major incidents with boat rides: Jungle Cruise sinking, Splash Mountain sinking x2, It's a Small World flooding. Seems like Pirates is due for a newsworthy incident. :earboy2:

Joking aside, I don't recall Pirates going down this often before it closed. I wonder if they broke something during the closure.

It's hard to know but since the pandemic started, Disney has had quite a few major incidents with boat rides: Jungle Cruise sinking, Splash Mountain sinking x2, It's a Small World flooding. Seems like Pirates is due for a newsworthy incident. :earboy2:

Joking aside, I don't recall Pirates going down this often before it closed. I wonder if they broke something during the closure.
Are you joking or did boats actually start taking on water?! I heard about the malfunction in Small World so that leads me to believe there is some truth! :laughing:

Last edited:

I was checking the app periodically and it appeared that Pirates didn't go down much on July 2. Was that the experience of those in the park?
It was actually down quite a bit yesterday, at least in the morning. I walked by twice hoping to get on since the app was showing a wait time, but the CMs said it was down each time. Lots of people in line waiting it out. it was frustrating since the app made it appear that is was running.

It was actually down quite a bit yesterday, at least in the morning. I walked by twice hoping to get on since the app was showing a wait time, but the CMs said it was down each time. Lots of people in line waiting it out. it was frustrating since the app made it appear that is was running.
That is frustrating! Thank you for the update.

So we had to extend our trip by one day to make the July 1st opening. Kinda crazy for one ride, but that was the one ride we were looking to ride the most when we booked before the announced refurb. Overall all it was worth it. We rope dropped and waited for the them to open at 8:45. The first ride everything seemed to work as it should. Our second and third ride a lot of animatronics were not working such as Carlos and the prisoners. In addition one of the turn tables for the women chasing the pirates was super loud. I just don't get how you can close for 4 months and reopen like that. I am however glad they did so I got to experience it even if it wasn't ready.

Last edited:
So we had to extend our trip by one day to make the July 1st opening. Kinda crazy for one ride, but that was the one ride we were looking to ride the most when we booked before the announced refurb. Overall all it was worth it. We rope dropped and waited for the them to open at 8:45. The first ride everything seemed to work as it should. Our second and third ride a lot of animatronics were not work such as Carlos and the prisoners. In addition one of the turn tables for the women chasing the pirates was super loud. I just don't get how you can close for 4 months and reopen like that. I am however glad they did so I got to experience it even if it wasn't ready.
We extended our trip for the opening, too. Totally worth it :)

I just want the Candy Cane Inn to be open again.
Please see my post over on the Candy Cane thread…from the looks of things,I’m guessing maybe now they are running into supply chain issues. Looks like it’s a total redo and now I’m wondering if I’ll be able to afford it.,. Lol

Went on about 4 times over the weekend, love the new things, everything looks clean and shiny. I’m not a fan of the politically correct revisions they’ve done over the years…I liked the wench auction and LOVED the redhead.
But if I had to trade the redhead for three Jack Sparrows, it was well worth it!

Wondering what the queue area is like outside now that the trees are gone. Is there any alternative shading set up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter