Pirates opens July 1st!!

Yay!! Just in time for my July trip, I'll be there the next day on the 2nd. I'm sorry others are missing it though. I understand the disappointment feeling. When I was there last November right when the holiday season started, It's a Small World flooded, and couldn't ride it. It didn't return for weeks.

Internet is saying testing has begun and the walls are coming down at Blue Bayou. Best of luck tomorrow!
When I ate at Blue Bayou on Tuesday they were running the boats with what appeared to be weights in them to simulate the weight of riders. Things are happening!

rope dropping in the morning, will be interesting. Pirates at rope drop used to be empty, but tomorrow geez Im not sure. Im going to go for it, be part of the madness, I might as well, I never get to be part of the madness, usually follow it all here on the Dis. My alarm is set, I plan to be at bag check on harbor about 7am. Will come back and update :)

Uh...we were there today and they are STILL working on the ground behind the wall where the queue begins.

I don't have a good feeling about this opening tomorrow.

rope dropping in the morning, will be interesting. Pirates at rope drop used to be empty, but tomorrow geez Im not sure. Im going to go for it, be part of the madness, I might as well, I never get to be part of the madness, usually follow it all here on the Dis. My alarm is set, I plan to be at bag check on harbor about 7am. Will come back and update :)
Thank you!!! Rooting for ya!

Fresh Baked! says the walls are down and the queue is ready but the ride is not open yet. Probably a great morning to rope drop everything else in the park.
I’ve seen some videos and it looks like there’s just a big mob out in front of the ride. Since Disney knew it wasn’t going to be open at rope drop, I wonder why they didn’t have a line management plan already in place. They should’ve roped off an area outside the ride and allowed people to start queuing there. Hopefully Pirates opens very soon!

They started walking people through the line at 8.55am. I walked straight to the boat loading area and was put in my spot at the gate at 9.am. I was in a first rotation boat. It was so cool to hear the cheers as the first boats went off.

They started walking people through the line at 8.55am. I walked straight to the boat loading area and was put in my spot at the gate at 9.am. I was in a first rotation boat. It was so cool to hear the cheers as the first boats went off.
How exciting! A great way to start a day :)

We rope dropped for Pirates & tip boatd said 5 minute wait. We went over and there was a ton of peple waiting but it was closed. They said they didn’t know when it would be up. I checked at 9:30 and it says 45 minute wait. We’ll see!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter