Pirates of the Caribbean closed beginning 3/14

Going starting June 17. Really hoping Pirates is back open. Love the ride and it is a huge people eater. As for dining in BB with a big blue wall I would have walked back out and asked them to cancel my reservation without penalty because it was not disclosed there would be construction walls. I mean the Surf and Turf is really good but OMG that is ugly. Going to keep my eye on the App for the Park Hours & Info section as they list refurb for each day and BB is listed when it is closed too. BB listed as closed April 21st and so far through what we can see which is May 8.

BB listed as closed April 21st and so far through what we can see which is May 8.
On the website, BB is marked as still being closed on May 26th (the current limit of that calendar). It's possible that they're just waiting for the confirmed opening to post the schedule, but that's not a great sign for folks who were hoping for mid-May.

On the website, BB is marked as still being closed on May 26th (the current limit of that calendar). It's possible that they're just waiting for the confirmed opening to post the schedule, but that's not a great sign for folks who were hoping for mid-May.

Oh I used to know where to look on the website, but it has been a hot minute... LOL. Hope it is back for me. July 1 would not help us.

Oh I used to know where to look on the website, but it has been a hot minute...
If you hit the restaurant page and set the date to the max - it'll say "No times available". At face value, that just means they haven't uploaded the schedule. But unless something unusual is happening, the schedules are usually uploaded long before the 60-day mark. (For example, Trader Sam's has its schedule for May 26th.) To be fair, that doesn't explicitly mean BB is closed on that day, but it's a strong signal that they aren't yet planning for it to be open then.

The other trick is to hit the restaurant page on the app and hit Reserve Dining. If every time is available - ie, the times start at 6:30am and end at 11:30pm - that means it doesn't have a schedule.

It could just mean that they're waiting to see where they are with the construction to make a call and post the schedule. (I'd bet there have been a lot of complaints about the blue wall, which makes me wonder if they might wait until it's gone to reopen BB.)

I'm going on the assumption that most of the work to New Orleans Square will be done by 5/28 in order to be ready for Fantasmic coming back. So at least the outside of POTC would be done by then if the reports that removal of the steps and other obstacles to redo the outside queue are correct. I haven't heard what's being worked on inside the ride itself so if anyone has any ideas, please post them.

We are 18th-20th. I had zero hope before, but this just gave me a tiny bit of hope. I would almost rather go back to no hope so that I’m not disappointed. 😂
So true. The first time I took my kid to Disneyland was in 2019 when the castle was closed for refurbishment. We were hoping it would re-open early, but it didn’t. Still an awesome trip. And the missing castle is a funny memory in our pictures. But I remember checking every day…

Just in - Pirates to reopen July 1!

EDIT: Sorry, looking for a non-verboten news link - but I figured everyone would be excited to hear.
Have faith of you are there a few days before, soft opening occur most of the time before a posted day….

Almost always at WDW.

Not sure about DL.

Now the real debate, did they remove Jack Sparrow from the ride?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter