"Pirates of the Caribbean" breakdown on 1/15/19

BC1836

DIS Veteran
The boats on Pirates of the Caribbean came to a halt on January 15, 2019 at about 2:10 in the afternoon. We were on the next boat to dock when the empty boats at the dock failed to move. Alas, so close, but so far away. After 10 or 15 minutes, some announcements came on, but they were so jumbled nothing could be heard except something like "keep your hands and feet out of the water." By then, the entire attraction was, no doubt, filled with boats (from our point of view, we saw about six or seven behind us).The CM at the dock remained in her position without once walking to our boat to explain the circumstance. People started shining their cell phone lights to alert her that guests were concerned. She remained there as did two other CMs who joined her. After nearly a half hour, the empty boats moved out and we were able to dock. Dear WDW: Things happen; we get it, but keep guests promptly informed, especially when CMs are about 25 feet away. Also, get a new emergency sound system.

That stinks. Sometimes cms completely ignore guests. On dinosaur, there was a problem with a guest & the seatbelt, right after loading. We were still in the loading area around all the cms. The whole car started yelling for them to stop the ride, the cm at the control podium (guess that’s what’s it’s called), looked dead at our car with everyone yelling & waving to stop the car & still pushed that button to send us thru the ride. Luckily it was an adult with the issue & he made it thru ok. But still scary when you think if it would’ve been a child.

The boats on Pirates of the Caribbean came to a halt on January 15, 2019 at about 2:10 in the afternoon. We were on the next boat to dock when the empty boats at the dock failed to move. Alas, so close, but so far away. After 10 or 15 minutes, some announcements came on, but they were so jumbled nothing could be heard except something like "keep your hands and feet out of the water." By then, the entire attraction was, no doubt, filled with boats (from our point of view, we saw about six or seven behind us).The CM at the dock remained in her position without once walking to our boat to explain the circumstance. People started shining their cell phone lights to alert her that guests were concerned. She remained there as did two other CMs who joined her. After nearly a half hour, the empty boats moved out and we were able to dock. Dear WDW: Things happen; we get it, but keep guests promptly informed, especially when CMs are about 25 feet away. Also, get a new emergency sound system.
...we were stuck in front of Jack Sparrow and his 'pirate booty' for about 25 minutes before it was able to move again. When deboarding the boat, we were met by a CM who handed every passenger a Fastpass, good for ANY ride at ANY time that day at MK....

There are "good places" for rides to stop and terrible places.
Having the boat stop anywhere in Small World. Happened to us once, I'm not sure that music every left.

There are "good places" for rides to stop and terrible places.
Having the boat stop anywhere in Small World. Happened to us once, I'm not sure that music every left.
DH and DD were stuck in the white room on small world once. They rated it as the best experience in the history of ever. I would have been done in about 5 minutes and trying to jump out if only to fill my ears with water and make it stop (and I love small world but there is a limit).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter