• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pirate Night????

DMLAINI

DIS Veteran
What time to you get dressed for Pirate Night? I wasn't sure if you dress up most of the day or just for dinner. Any Pirate Night info/tips would be appreciated.

We do late dining. I dress up before the show so that I can enjoy the atmosphere between that and dinner. Stay dressed up through the show/fireworks.

We get dressed for Pirate night about 30-60 minutes before dinner and stroll around the decks before preceding to the MDR.

No one will stop you from dressing like a pirate all day every day. Most people will typically put on pirate costumes before the first dinner or show.

Every cruise we've had a pirate day on has had pirate day on a port day, so most people are off the ship during the day.

The room hosts leave Pirate Bandanas on the bed (1 per person). We dress for early dinner and stay that way for the rest of the evening.

I usually do late dining, but I dress up around 3 or 4pm to hit all the characters in their pirate outfits before dinner.

I dress up just before dinner and immediately visit the areas to take pictures with the various characters.

Sorry to hijack but I asked in another area and didn't get an answer. I understand there is a pirate night on Mediterranean cruises but what about the longer ones - like a 12-night cruise... would they possibly do 2 special parties, like 2 pirate nights or add a Frozen night?

We bombed pirate night big time. FYI, the pools are closed all night and the lifeguards have training. It seemed like most people dressed mid-afternoon, before dinner. We skipped everything because my daughter was more interested in swimming. We showed up at the end of the pirate party thinking they'd open the pools after the party...wrong. The only good part was that the aquaduck had no line so my daughter and husband rode it, but the water was freezing so my husband refused to ride it any more. We'll get it right next time.

Sorry to hijack but I asked in another area and didn't get an answer. I understand there is a pirate night on Mediterranean cruises but what about the longer ones - like a 12-night cruise... would they possibly do 2 special parties, like 2 pirate nights or add a Frozen night?
I believe the northern Europe cruises had Frozen night (not Pirates). I don't think any longer cruises have more than one Pirate night (or Frozen night). There are additional (different) menus/shows on the longer cruises, though.

We dressed up early around 3pm and my kids called me to pick them up from kids club because they were embarrassed they were the only kids in pirate costumes. Closer to dinner was what most other people on our cruise did. When we got to main dining, the room was full of pirates.

We bombed pirate night big time. FYI, the pools are closed all night and the lifeguards have training. It seemed like most people dressed mid-afternoon, before dinner. We skipped everything because my daughter was more interested in swimming. We showed up at the end of the pirate party thinking they'd open the pools after the party...wrong. The only good part was that the aquaduck had no line so my daughter and husband rode it, but the water was freezing so my husband refused to ride it any more. We'll get it right next time.

Just to clarify... The pools are closed because the cover comes over them for the stage/dance floor. So they take advantage of that for the lifeguards to get required training in. They are not closed so that the lifeguards can have training.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter