Pirate Night and dining reservations

Ocallygal

Earning My Ears
Is there another option other than AP, EG or RC for dinner on the Fantasy on Pirate night? We have the 2nd seating (which we love), so we'll be eating right before the Pirate party. On our last trip, on the Wonder, we were so full we couldn't enjoy the pirate buffet.

We were hoping that maybe Cabana's was open for a very casual dinner. We will be coming back on the ship around 5 pm from our excursion, so we were hoping to grab a meal when we return, relax for a bit, get cleaned up (possibly pirate-fied) and head up to the party, rather than get all dressed up, go to dinner at 8 and be too full to try the pirate buffet. pirate:

Is there another option other than AP, EG or RC for dinner on the Fantasy on Pirate night? We have the 2nd seating (which we love), so we'll be eating right before the Pirate party. On our last trip, on the Wonder, we were so full we couldn't enjoy the pirate buffet.

We were hoping that maybe Cabana's was open for a very casual dinner. We will be coming back on the ship around 5 pm from our excursion, so we were hoping to grab a meal when we return, relax for a bit, get cleaned up (possibly pirate-fied) and head up to the party, rather than get all dressed up, go to dinner at 8 and be too full to try the pirate buffet. pirate:

Cabana's is usually open in the evenings, but it's a casual sit-down dinner rather than the usual buffet. DCL trains new wait staff in Cabanas in the evenings. The food is pretty much a mix/match from the three MDR's.

Question is, did you see something at a previous pirate buffet that looked tasty enough that you would want to skip the MDR for the buffet?

Maybe it's just me, but I really don't want to fight the crowds up on deck on pirate night, much less eat a turkey leg or a taco just before going to bed on a very full stomach.

Last time we couldn't even get close enough to the buffet to see what was there. I just figured that if Cabanas offers the Pirate menu that all the other dining rooms offer, it might be better to catch an earlier dinner time and have enough room to try the Pirate buffet later. We put in a request for a dining rotation which happens to have Royal Court 3 times (one of those times being on Pirate night). If we get it, I figured we could miss RC one time if Cabana's has the same pirate menu.

Also, does anyone know about dining at Cabanas for dinner? Do you have to stick to your dining time or can you go when you want? Also, should I tip the server there, separately since I won't be with my regular server, who gets my tip at the end?

Hi Ocallygirl - we ate at Cabanas one evening on a 7 night Fantasy cruise... we were too tired to make our early seating after a full day trip to the Mayan ruins. Anyways, it was very nice, we requested a table at the back to watch the sunset, and even though it was not currently being seated, there were happy to oblige. After we sat down others were even requesting outside which would also have been nice. The menu was decent and the food was very good, and the service was excellent. I did NOT tip the waiter, and felt bad afterwards as I realized he would not get a tip from the end of cruise envelope. I have been told on this board, and realize that they dont expect a tip but i would like to rectify this on our next cruise. So IMHO if you receive excellent service it would be polite to leave something... i plan to :)

Have fun!

Thank you so much for the input. I, too, was concerned that server at Cabanas would not be getting a tip from the end of the week. I will definitely make sure I bring cash for a tip if we end up at Cabanas one night.

Since the servers in Cabanas are in training, if you received excellent service another way to "tip" would be to identify the server as excellent on your guest comment card. That way, they can move to MDR service faster and started getting regular tips from an entire dining room.

And you can show up at Cabanas for dinner at anytime during their operating hours however, the first and last night they are closed.

Thank you all so much for all the answers. I'm a huge planner (to the point that I think it might be OCD). I tried to talk to my DH about this plan I had for Pirate Night...he looked at me and said "If it involves food, you tell me where to go and I'll be there." Cleary he is no help...so I'm glad I can come on here and get answers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter