Pirate Museum Questions

mdisdis

Earning My Ears
We're planning to walk from the ship to the Pirate Museum in Nassau. How much time should we plan for the walk and the tour? Just WONDERing...if we leave the ship at all-ashore time, will we have time to get back to the ship for a noon-ish lunch or should we plan on grabbing a bite in town? If we eat in town, any suggestions for some authenic local cuisine? (FYI-traveling party will be me, DH, and DS(7)...he's not a picky eater...he actually likes brussel sprouts!).

My DS, DD, and I did that same thing a couple of years ago while on a Holland America cruise and we had a very good time!! We didn't try to get back to the ship for lunch because there was so much to see and do on shore(shopping mostly). My DD is a very picky eater so we actually found a Sbarro's(I think) to be sure that she would eat. The walk isn't too bad because there's alot to look at on the way there and back.

FYI--The tour dumps you into the gift shop at the end--so be prepared!!:smooth:

Where is the Pirates Museum located at? I have not heard anything about it.
Thanks in Advance.

The pirate museum is located within walking distance from the ships. I do not know the exact location but RC has an excursion on their 3 night Sovereign of the Seas from Cape Canaveral to Nassau. We walked there last year but did not do the tour - figured we would wait until the kids were with us. So, check Royal Caribbean's web site for more info.

I think you would have more than enough time to go to the museum and back to the ship. We did eat some local cuisine and my DH loved it. We asked a cab driver where the best place for conch fritters and he gave us the name of a local restaurant ...but I can't remember.

My husband and I wanted to take the kids to the pirates museum last year, but once we got there were a little disappointed. Our kids chose not to go through the museum once they saw the inside of the gift shop. It was very dark and drab, and the pirates were nothing like Captain Jack Sparrow! :smooth:
We ended up walking back to the ship for lunch since we had spent the morning shopping. The walk from the museum to the ship is no more than 30 minutes.

Here is a site for more info. Hope this helps!!

http://www.pirates-of-nassau.com/

Be sure to get back with us if you go. I have wondered about this place. The website looks interesting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter