• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

pirate cruise

kelljacques@aol.com

<font color=red><b>I DON'T THINK SO SCOOTER!</b><b
I just signed my 6 year old son up for a cruise in nov. Now I am getting a litle nervouse about him being on his own! Any one had an experience they can share!! GOOD OR BAD!!!!!! thanks Kelly

No I signed my 4 yr old up for it for our sep trip! She is so excited, my 6.5 yr old could care less about it.

My 4 year old twins went last year and loved it. I signed them up again for our trip in Nov. Just remember to put sunscreen on before they head out. If you get there a few minutes early they can get acquainted with the guides a bit and say hello to the other children. This seemed to help. Also gives you time to get a life jacket out and get them all buckled in. Last year there were 2 boats with about 6-8 kids per boat. My boys also did the cooking class and the tea party with Alice. 2 of the cast members participated in all three activities and remebered by boys for the previous days. this made my guys feel like right at home.

My boys went last year at ages 4 & 6 and have already asked to go again next trip. They had a blast even though a thunderstorm came up while they were out and they had to be taken inside at one of the resorts for a while while it passed (they were gone an hour longer than usual...)

My DD age 8 and DS age 5 went and LOVED it! They came back singing "Its a Pirates Life For Me!" and didn't stop for an hour :rolleyes: ! They had a huge bag of loot and red kerchiefs on their heads that my son still plays with. I never got many details out of them but I guess they were having such a good time they weren't paying close attention. The basics seem to be that they went around 7 Seas Lagoon on a boat with a map that had landmarks on it looking for treasure, which they found. Many funny things happened on the way and some hilarious jokes were told. Your son should enjoy himself.

Jennifer

PS I had a lovely quiet lunch alone at the Grand Floridian and then resort hopped on the monorail and shopped for pins. I walked back from the Poly to the GF and snooped around the wedding pavilion. I think I had as much fun as they did!

My 8 yr old DD and 5 yr old DS LOVED the cruise. I think my 5 yr old was a little nervous because he had to wear a life jacket the whole time. We didn't prepare him for that. But once he got over that, he just had a great time.

Captain Drew and his crew are fantastic with the kids and really know how to put them at ease. They make the whole thing funny and get the kids involved right away. When they came back with their treasure, they were excited to tell us all about it and show us their stuff.

They both would love to go again!

DS did the Pirate's Cruise when he was 6, and it was the highlight of his trip! We're going again in November, and he (8) and his cousin (5) are signed up to do the cruise again.

Last year my then 3 yr old became frightened by the Mad Hatter at Alice's Tea Party and began to cry. They had to page me on the beeper they had provided. I think she will be ok this year since she is a little older (and she'll be with 5yr old and 9yr old siblings). But what if there is a problem? What happens then? Just trying to reassure myself! She has become considerably more outgoing in the past year!

Also, does anyone have any online photos of the Pirate Cruise?

TIA

Is anyone sending their children on the cruise on Nov 11th? My two DS will be there, ages 4&5. They are so excited!

This sounds like a lot of fun! Where do I get information about this activity?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter