Pirate adventure cruise ?

riu girl

DIS Veteran
I think DD7 would really enjoy the pirate adventure cruise (leaves from Grand Floridian) but theres no way I would let her go without me. I have read that this activity is for KIDS only (ages 4-10) and that the cm:child ratio is about 7:1. DD7 has an EA (inclusion assistant) 1/2 time at school and I would feel VERY uncomfortable letting her go on the cruise without me.

Has anyone had any experience on how special needs kids would be handled by WDW in this instance and if they would allow me to go on the cruise as her support worker???

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Suzy V.

I am almost positive people have posted that they were able to accompany their special needs child on the cruise.
Hopefully someone who has will post.
Otherwise, you could try this phone number from the Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities:
General Information: Voice: 407-824-4321 TTY: 407-827-5141

I was told that I could accompany my child if that was necessary. We lucked out and DS had a great morning that day and was fine going alone, but there was a slightly older boy that he got paired up with and that boy had a younger sister with CP (who wasn't going on the cruise). We all chatted before the cruise and DS said he was ok going alone. It worked out fine for him, but I do know that I would have been allowed to go along if necessary.

HTH!

Karen, so glad it worked out for you. One quick question: if you had gone on the cruise with your child, do you know if you would have had to pay for yourself?

Thank you
Suzy V.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter