Pins on Magic and Wonder

You might want to ask your question over on the Collectors Board. That's where all the pin-heads hang out. :)

As far as I know, the Artist Choice DCL pins are the only pins that are released on a monthly basis on the cruise. My wife picked up some new "rack" pins for me when she cruised in October. They were new since January and were only available on the ship or on Castaway Cay. These rack pins are open editions. They are plentiful on the ship, but generally not available at the parks.

My wife and I will be cruising this Thursday and I hope to snare the November Artist Choice pin as well as some more cruise only pins to trade with my pin-crazy friends.

Originally posted by imgoingtodisney
so one can buy the $2 pins at the Disney Store and use them to trade for DCL pins onboard ship?
Yes, providing you find a DCL pin in the book or on someones lanyard. I saw a few in each way. So, no promises here, but the answer to your question is yes.

Where is the most convient and least costly place to stock up on pins for trading in Orlando. If there is such a place? I was thinking of getting about 5 for each of our kids to have as traders.
Thanks

Bob

Thanks Mike, Is that their down town Disney store or all locations? I live next to one here in N. VA and the one at the airport in Orlando would be most convenient.

Thanks,
Bob

I got my $2 pins here at my local Disney Store in Reading, PA. I'd try the one closest to you first. I'm not surehow long they will be on sale.
Candy

Thanks Candy, that is exactly what I did yesterday. $2.00 each plus 10% off with DC card! Stcked up for the cruise. Also got several state pins as I heard they are in demand.

Check your daily Navigators for pin trading times. I believe it's around 7PM or so each evening in the Atrium lobby. They wheel out a small cart and that's where the monthly Artist Choice pins are sold (if they're still available). That's also where the pin traders gather. In addition to the regular pins available in the Mickey's Mates and the AC pins, they also issue special pins for holidays. We sailed over the 4th of July and got several of their special pins for the holiday as well as the July AC one. We're not avid pin collectors, but do pick up ones we like. Most traders are very friendly and fair, but beware of the pin sharks who are just in it for the $$ and can be quite obnoxious. We had one on our cruise and he always tried to cut in line, get more then his limit etc. :rolleyes: Have fun with it and you'll meet lots of nice folks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter