Pink Pajamas, Penguins on the Bottom PTR, August 2010 with pics!

Fingers crossed you get one of those nursing home jobs-- I worked retail in college, and it's absolutely draining. Kudos to you for making a good life for your family.

I will say a prayer that you can get one of the CNA jobs you apply for. Good luck! :thumbsup2

Thanks so much! I really appreciate it! :hug:

I'm sorry about your slump. :hug: Sending you luck and pixiedust for your job hunt but it sounds like you'll have a few exciting options at the places that are hiring. I hope you find what works best for you.

(Thank you for the shoutouts to my August PTR/TR by the way! I'm so glad you got some ideas from them... doesn't the DIS rock?!)

:hug: Thank you! I am really hoping something pans out. I am definitely ready for a change.

And of course I would give a shoutout to your reports. They are awesome! :goodvibes

Fingers crossed you get one of those nursing home jobs-- I worked retail in college, and it's absolutely draining. Kudos to you for making a good life for your family.

Thanks! :goodvibes Retail is definitely alot more draining and exhausting than most jobs I've had.

Soooo...today we are officially SINGLE DIGIT DANCING!!!!
:dance3: :banana: :banana: :banana: :cool1: :cool1: :dancer: :dancer:

After looking at the calendar, I realized we are not 9 days away from leaving but 9 days away from arriving at WDW! Which means we are
8 DAYS AWAY FROM LEAVING!!!!!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :dance3: :cool1: :cool1: :dancer: :dancer:

Also, I didn't mention this in my previous post but after yesterday's phone calls, I am super giddy about the trip and getting more and more excited everyday. Plus today my job officially approved my unpaid leave for my vacation so that made me even more excited. And I can officially start having fun, start packing and preparing for the trip! :banana:

Coming tomorrow, I will be posting Day 7 Plans....:goodvibes

Soooo...today we are officially SINGLE DIGIT DANCING!!!!
:dance3: :banana: :banana: :banana: :cool1: :cool1: :dancer: :dancer:

After looking at the calendar, I realized we are not 9 days away from leaving but 9 days away from arriving at WDW! Which means we are
8 DAYS AWAY FROM LEAVING!!!!!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :dance3: :cool1: :cool1: :dancer: :dancer:

Also, I didn't mention this in my previous post but after yesterday's phone calls, I am super giddy about the trip and getting more and more excited everyday. Plus today my job officially approved my unpaid leave for my vacation so that made me even more excited. And I can officially start having fun, start packing and preparing for the trip! :banana:

Coming tomorrow, I will be posting Day 7 Plans....:goodvibes

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

I cannot believe how close the trip is getting. Only a week until we leave! So yesterday morning (Thurs), I did online check in and I decided to not make a room request and just see what we get. I know it's risky but we aren't that particular about where we are put and we haven't been to POP before so we won't really know a difference between one area or another. The only thing I am hoping I get as far as rooms go is a refurbed one but I think everyone is kinda hoping for the same thing.

On another topic, one thing I have been worried about is our complimentary 15 minute grocery stop by our Happy Limo Ride. I have heard the stop is a Hess Station which to me seems like it could be really overpriced and may not have the stuff we need such as cereal/granola bars and poptarts. So I am thinking I may order from Garden Grocer just to be sure I can get everything we need and want. If anyone has any comments about this or Happy Limo grocery experiences, please feel free to share.

Since I am off of work until Saturday night, I also plan on trying to get most of our packing done. There is still a lot to do this week. Thursday will by far be the busiest day since it is the day before we leave. I also need to inform the girls' school that they will be starting school 3 days late and see if I can get their school schedules. Orientation is the 23rd or 24th so we won't be here for that and they are supposed to start school on the 25th. Due to the trip, they will be starting on the 30th instead. My Thursday plans consist of last minute shopping, haircuts, applying to nursing homes and last minute packing.

Next update will be our Day 7 Plans and then to follow our Departure Day Plans....:goodvibes

So today will be our final full day at WDW and we will be spending it pretty much like Day 6. Sleeping in, POP Pools, maybe DTD and another trip to the Boardwalk for some last minute shopping. Then in the early afternoon we will be going to Epcot for a few more rides, WS exploring and our ADR at Tokyo Dining! Now I know originally said we would be dining with a Rat and how the kids were so excited to eat at Chefs. Well all that changed this morning, when I gave DFi a choice. See I've been eyeing Tokyo Dining for a while now. It looked interesting and something that we would all enjoy but since the kids were insistent on French food, I decided against it. Now you must understand, DFi has been non-Disney ever since this trip was mentioned. He bahs and humbugs at every mention of WDW. He also makes fun of us for getting so excited about all things WDW. Now as we've been getting closer to the trip, his interest has seemed to grow a bit. So this morning I decided to ask him what he'd prefer, Chefs or TD and being a sushi lover, he chose TD. Now in the past when I've asked him which WDW restaurant he'd prefer, I get I don't care, just pick whatever. So when he chose TD this morning, I knew I had to go ahead and book it and cancel Chefs. I knew the girls would understand. And of course they did. They were a little bummed at first but when I said Daddy hasn't had much of say about the trip and this is something he wanted, then they said ok and started getting excited about it. Plus we all love Japanese food. Me, DFi and Haylee love sushi. AJ is more a tempura/terriyaki girl. So this restaurant suits all of us. So after dinner, Epcot will be closed so we will go back to POP, have a quick swim, and then off to bed to rest for our half day at MK and our departure from WDW.

This is the last of my changes to the ADRs. I guess these have to be final since we are only a week away from the trip. The only other change that would be made is if I can get a dinner ADR for Le Cellier instead of lunch but this late in the game I don't think that will happen. Of course, due to my previous post, you know about the Tokyo Dining change. However, I have a new change which changes 50s Primetime for WCC. I love 50s PT but was interested in trying something new and different on this trip. Plus after reading all the great reviews, WCC seemed like a perfect restaurant for us to try out. So here are the Final ADRs:

Saturday, August 21st:

Cape May Café - 7:55pm

Sunday, August 22nd:

Chef Mickey’s - 10:35am
GF Afternoon Tea - 3:30pm

Monday, August 23rd:

Boma - 8:20pm

Tuesday, August 24th:

Le Cellier - 1:20pm

Wednesday, August 25th:

Whispering Canyon Café - 9:45pm

Thursday, August 26th:

Kona Café - 10:45am
Planet Hollywood - 2:15pm (Just for Appetizers)

Friday, August 27th:

Tokyo Dining - 8:30pm

Saturday, August 28th:

Crystal Palace - 12:50pm

I cannot believe how close the trip is getting. Only a week until we leave! So yesterday morning (Thurs), I did online check in and I decided to not make a room request and just see what we get. I know it's risky but we aren't that particular about where we are put and we haven't been to POP before so we won't really know a difference between one area or another. The only thing I am hoping I get as far as rooms go is a refurbed one but I think everyone is kinda hoping for the same thing.

:woohoo: I can't believe you are so close! I can't wait to hear how your trip goes. I keep going back and forth on whether or not to make a room request. The trip we didn't, we got an upgrade. The trip we did, they lost our reservation and had to put us in a temporary room..that turned into our permanent room...but house keeping didn't know... Anyway, so I am hesitant, but I would really like to be close to the Classic Hall...and on a top floor. I think a good chunk of the resort is not refurbed...so maybe that wont matter as much. (except in the 50's since I read that is not done yet)

On another topic, one thing I have been worried about is our complimentary 15 minute grocery stop by our Happy Limo Ride. I have heard the stop is a Hess Station which to me seems like it could be really overpriced and may not have the stuff we need such as cereal/granola bars and poptarts. So I am thinking I may order from Garden Grocer just to be sure I can get everything we need and want. If anyone has any comments about this or Happy Limo grocery experiences, please feel free to share.

I would be worried too. I have no experience with Happy Limo...so I can't help you there, but it does sound prudent to order with Garden Grocer...just in case.

Since I am off of work until Saturday night, I also plan on trying to get most of our packing done. There is still a lot to do this week. Thursday will by far be the busiest day since it is the day before we leave. I also need to inform the girls' school that they will be starting school 3 days late and see if I can get their school schedules. Orientation is the 23rd or 24th so we won't be here for that and they are supposed to start school on the 25th. Due to the trip, they will be starting on the 30th instead. My Thursday plans consist of last minute shopping, haircuts, applying to nursing homes and last minute packing.

It will be a busy week for you. In case I don't get a chance to wish you a good trip... Have a good trip! :goodvibes As I mentioned, I can't wait to hear all about it! (you are doing a trip report, right?:) )

As for the school issues.. I am battling with that myself. I can't believe school starts up so early this year. That combined with work (I will have over 40 hours this week) and planning/getting ready for the trip, I am struggling to get the two younger ones ready...and Zoe will flat out miss some of the first days.

So today will be our final full day at WDW and we will be spending it pretty much like Day 6. Sleeping in, POP Pools, maybe DTD and another trip to the Boardwalk for some last minute shopping. Then in the early afternoon we will be going to Epcot for a few more rides, WS exploring and our ADR at Tokyo Dining! Now I know originally said we would be dining with a Rat and how the kids were so excited to eat at Chefs. Well all that changed this morning, when I gave DFi a choice. See I've been eyeing Tokyo Dining for a while now. It looked interesting and something that we would all enjoy but since the kids were insistent on French food, I decided against it. Now you must understand, DFi has been non-Disney ever since this trip was mentioned. He bahs and humbugs at every mention of WDW. He also makes fun of us for getting so excited about all things WDW. Now as we've been getting closer to the trip, his interest has seemed to grow a bit. So this morning I decided to ask him what he'd prefer, Chefs or TD and being a sushi lover, he chose TD. Now in the past when I've asked him which WDW restaurant he'd prefer, I get I don't care, just pick whatever. So when he chose TD this morning, I knew I had to go ahead and book it and cancel Chefs. I knew the girls would understand. And of course they did. They were a little bummed at first but when I said Daddy hasn't had much of say about the trip and this is something he wanted, then they said ok and started getting excited about it. Plus we all love Japanese food. Me, DFi and Haylee love sushi. AJ is more a tempura/terriyaki girl. So this restaurant suits all of us. So after dinner, Epcot will be closed so we will go back to POP, have a quick swim, and then off to bed to rest for our half day at MK and our departure from WDW.

This day's plans are nice...they look laid back and very enjoyable. I think you were right on the ADR change too. My dh is kinda "whatever" when it comes to Disney too. So when he shows an interest, I jump on it. Plus...I think TD will be a better dinning option. I ate at Chefs last trip and really...I wasn't all that impressed.

So here are the Final ADRs:

Saturday, August 21st:

Sunday, August 22nd:

GF Afternoon Tea - 3:30pm

Monday, August 23rd:

Tuesday, August 24th:

Wednesday, August 25th:

Thursday, August 26th:

Kona Café - 10:45am
Planet Hollywood - 2:15pm (Just for Appetizers)

Friday, August 27th:

Saturday, August 28th:

Crystal Palace - 12:50pm

I hope you still get your dinner reservation for Le Cellier! I will keep my fingers crossed for you. For your Planet Hollywood, are you planning to use the voucher in the trip docs? I have never used that before. Just for aps might be a good use of it. I had never thought of that (assuming you can use it for that)

Well, as I said...enjoy your trip!!!

You and the girls must be getting so excited, almost there. Hopefully your fiancee will come around and get more Disneyfied once you are there. :).

We did online check in too, was really easy. We made only one room request for connecting rooms (through our TA when she originally booked us) since my father very nicely volunteered to babysit our boys a few nights so DH and I can out for some date nights. We already paid for a preferred room so did'nt really care what decade we got, though my boys have been going on about the bowling pin pool so would be great if we got the 50's.

Wanted to wish you a safe and magical trip. Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back. We are leaving tonight. We are driving down and staying overnight in Georgia and finishing the trip early Sunday morning. My boys are bouncing off the walls they are so excited.
Enjoy your time with your girls and fiancee!!!!

You and the girls must be getting so excited, almost there. Hopefully your fiancee will come around and get more Disneyfied once you are there. :).

We did online check in too, was really easy. We made only one room request for connecting rooms (through our TA when she originally booked us) since my father very nicely volunteered to babysit our boys a few nights so DH and I can out for some date nights. We already paid for a preferred room so did'nt really care what decade we got, though my boys have been going on about the bowling pin pool so would be great if we got the 50's.

Wanted to wish you a safe and magical trip. Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back. We are leaving tonight. We are driving down and staying overnight in Georgia and finishing the trip early Sunday morning. My boys are bouncing off the walls they are so excited.
Enjoy your time with your girls and fiancee!!!!

Hope you have a safe and wonderful trip! Can't wait to hear about it when you get back! :goodvibes

Wow you are down to six days! I'm debating on making a room request or not too. I'd almost rather just ask for a refurbed room and see what we get.

It's nice you could do the Toyko Dining change for your fiance. :goodvibes You might see Illuminations! I think they dim the lighting and pipe the music in.... that would be so nice!

We're trying WCC for our first time too. I'm sure you know not to ask for ketchup? :rotfl2:

Wow you are down to six days! I'm debating on making a room request or not too. I'd almost rather just ask for a refurbed room and see what we get.

It's nice you could do the Toyko Dining change for your fiance. :goodvibes You might see Illuminations! I think they dim the lighting and pipe the music in.... that would be so nice!

We're trying WCC for our first time too. I'm sure you know not to ask for ketchup? :rotfl2:

I have heard about the ketchup thing. Haylee is trying to get Alleyah to wear her Harry Potter Shirt there just to see what will happen. :rotfl:

Well as much as I tried I could not avoid changing my ADRs just one last time. I can still hoping for a Le Cellier dinner of lunch but at this point I'm figuring it just won't happen. So here goes:

So here are the Final ADRs:

Saturday, August 21st:

Sunday, August 22nd:

Monday, August 23rd:

Tuesday, August 24th:

Wednesday, August 25th:

Thursday, August 26th:

Crystal Palace - 2:15pm

Friday, August 27th:

Saturday, August 28th:

Later on this evening, I will post Day 8 (Departure day) plans and a to do list of the things I need to get done within the next couple of days.

I'm not sure of our plans this day since I am leaving it open for us to go to any one of the parks that we feel we didn't get a chance to fully check out. Whichever park we choose, we will end up eating lunch there, too. Then we will make our way back to POP for our scheduled pick up time of 5pm and on the train around 7pm to head back home.

Sorry it's so short but just kind of going with the day on that one and having a relaxing fun, time with my family. :goodvibes

Up Next, my to do list...

Ok, I cannot believe how close we are to leaving and to being at WDW! Only 2 DAYS til we leave and 3 DAYS til DISNEY!!! :banana::banana::banana: So here are all the things I need to get done in the next day and half:

Apply to CNA jobs
Get groceries for MIL (She lives with us but is not joining us on the trip)
Get small snacks for trip
Get the rest of the things I need for trip - Meds, Toothbrushes, eye mask (to sleep on train), floats (if I can find some), books for kids, socks for all
Check on POP Swap and check on Fridge Swap (though I think the fridge is still lost)
Go to Kinko's and print all important documents for trip (Since I don't have a printer)
Download WDW apps, glee reruns or movie to my Ipod to watch on the way
Finish Packing :-)scared1:)

That's all I can think of right now but there is probably more. My job has definitely caused me to be behind on all of this. I will try to post as much as I can before we leave (we will leave the house at around 10am on Fri to go get breakfast and to get to the train station on time). But just in case I don't get to post, I wanted to thank you all so much for reading along and I will definitely be posting a TR!

:woohoo: I can't believe you are so close! I can't wait to hear how your trip goes. I keep going back and forth on whether or not to make a room request. The trip we didn't, we got an upgrade. The trip we did, they lost our reservation and had to put us in a temporary room..that turned into our permanent room...but house keeping didn't know... Anyway, so I am hesitant, but I would really like to be close to the Classic Hall...and on a top floor. I think a good chunk of the resort is not refurbed...so maybe that wont matter as much. (except in the 50's since I read that is not done yet)

I was worried about not getting a request if I asked for one and then being disappointed. This way I'll just be surprised. And with the things I've heard lately, I worry about requesting too much. I'm not sure if you read about this on the Dis or not but a lot of people who were staying at POP last week got called a couple days before they were supposed to leave saying they were being switched to All Stars because POP overbooked by 400 rooms due to a computer issue. But some people were upgraded to CR and SSR. Others were switched to preferred rooms at All Stars. I haven't seen anything regarding this about the time I will be there but still keeping an open mind just in case.

I would be worried too. I have no experience with Happy Limo...so I can't help you there, but it does sound prudent to order with Garden Grocer...just in case.

I decided it would be easier and cheaper if I brought the poptarts and some snacks from home. Then just get the rest like sodas and water at the grocery stop.That way if it is a Hess, I won't have to worry about finding the things that we want.

It will be a busy week for you. In case I don't get a chance to wish you a good trip... Have a good trip! :goodvibes As I mentioned, I can't wait to hear all about it! (you are doing a trip report, right?:) )

Yes, I will be doing a TR and thank you. And if I don't get a chance to tell you before I get back, have a fun trip, too!

As for the school issues.. I am battling with that myself. I can't believe school starts up so early this year. That combined with work (I will have over 40 hours this week) and planning/getting ready for the trip, I am struggling to get the two younger ones ready...and Zoe will flat out miss some of the first days.

I actually took care of the school stuff today. They gave me the school schedules over the phone and were really nice about the kids starting late and had no issues with it whatsoever. :goodvibes

This day's plans are nice...they look laid back and very enjoyable. I think you were right on the ADR change too. My dh is kinda "whatever" when it comes to Disney too. So when he shows an interest, I jump on it. Plus...I think TD will be a better dinning option. I ate at Chefs last trip and really...I wasn't all that impressed.

I hope you still get your dinner reservation for Le Cellier! I will keep my fingers crossed for you. For your Planet Hollywood, are you planning to use the voucher in the trip docs? I have never used that before. Just for aps might be a good use of it. I had never thought of that (assuming you can use it for that)

Well, as I said...enjoy your trip!!!

Thanks for the Le Cellier wishes. At this point, I feel lucky to even have an ADR there at all. I ate at Chefs before, too, and it was ok but not memorable like other places I've eaten at WDW.

I was going to use the voucher for PH. I believe the only restrictions are that you can't use it on alcohol drinks, souvenirs and with the DDP. Other than that I think it's pretty open so I decided on using it for apps as a big snack/light lunch.

I think your final ADRs look great, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for that Le Cellier ressie for you too. Your to-do list is do-able :thumbsup2 packing drives me nuts.... I'm a leave it to the last second kinda gal. :rolleyes:

I hadn't heard about the Pop computer glitch! I love the Pop.... I wouldn't want the All Stars switch but the CR or SSR upgrade would be sweet!

If I don't get back here before you go.....

Have a FABULOUS trip and say hi to Mickey for me! :wave:

:cool1: :banana: :wizard: :dance3: :wizard: :banana: :cool1:

I think your final ADRs look great, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for that Le Cellier ressie for you too. Your to-do list is do-able :thumbsup2 packing drives me nuts.... I'm a leave it to the last second kinda gal. :rolleyes:

I hadn't heard about the Pop computer glitch! I love the Pop.... I wouldn't want the All Stars switch but the CR or SSR upgrade would be sweet!

Thanks so much!!! We are very excited. Can't wait to share our fun times when we return! :)

So here we are, 8 hours until we are boarding the train and on our way to Disney. We will arrive Saturday morning around 10:55am. So far only Haylee has been getting much sleep tonight. Thursday morning, we ran errands, packed, had lunch and then took a nap until late evening when I made dinner. We did an easy laid back dinner of pepperoni pizza hot pockets and tater tots. Then we did more packing, more laundry, girly beauty prepping like painting our nails, and watched "Bambi". Now I am debating as to whether I should take a nap or not. I am thinking it would be a good idea since that whole 6 hour layover in Raleigh but just not sure. Plus Alleyah can't sleep due to being excited and worried that we might oversleep and miss the train. I think we will be fine when it comes to that. Our train leaves at 12:57pm. I plan on getting to the station at around 11:45am to check our bags. The train station is small so that still gives us a large amount of time. Plus the train station is only 1 mile from our house. The only things I have to left to do before we leave is pack my phone and charger (since phone is charging), make sure we all have blankets for the train, pack cooler with drinks and snacks for the train, pack DFi's extras like contacts and meds, give MIL our reservation and hotel info, and feed the cat (MIL will feed him while we are away). Thank you all so much for reading along and commenting. I can't wait to share our trip with you when we return. I'm sure I will have lots to tell you. :goodvibes See you when we get back on Aug 29th!

Also, I can't wait to read about your surprise when we get back. I love that little comment in your siggie about it. So intriguing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter