Pinel Island Or Bernards Tours in St. Maarten

CarmenJames865

Earning My Ears
I am on the fence about what to do in St. Maarten for our Fantasy cruise on 12/14/13..... :dance3:

I have Bernards Tours booked BUT after reading more about St. Marrten I think spending the day on Pinel Island would be enjoyable as well.

Pinel Island has calm seas (kids would love), 2 restaurants, snorkeling, and not as crowded. :crowded:

But I think we would also the the island tour. Ahhh not enough hours in a port day....

Opinions would be GREATLY appreciated.

I would vote for Pinel Island, we had an awesome time last time we were there.

I would vote for Pinel Island, we had an awesome time last time we were there.

Did you take a taxi to the Cul De Sac and then catch the boat over to Pinel? I have read that the boat ride is $6.00 per person do you remember what you paid for the taxi ride?

It depends on what you want. We did Bernard's, and it was a fine tour, but if I had to do it again, I'd just go to a beach and stay there. We didn't really enjoy all the driving. But it's totally just what you like to do.

I know the forum generally loves Bernard's Tours but your experience hinges entirely on how good your driver is. Ours was...pretty bad. I am not saying I wouldn't recommend their tours necessarily, but your results will definitely vary and I wouldn't do it again.

We did a Bernard's tour that included Pinel Island and plane watching; this was a van of DISBoarders. If I could do it again, I would just go to Pinel Island.

This was at the end of the Sep 2011 WBTA, so it was off season - so there were very few people on the island. It was nice to have free WiFi.

We are actually on the same sailing! We have booked kayaks with Caribbean Paddling and will be paddling to Pinel Island. The owner also recommended transportation so we will get picked up at the port and then dropped off.

I don't have any advice, but we are planning a beach trip on our own. Much cheaper and less stress imo.

We are also on your sailing! After going back and forth, we've decided to head to loterie farm to do some hiking, swimming, and the ropes course. We are doing beach things at STT and CC so it sounded like something different. Just another option to consider!

I don't think you can go wrong with any of your options.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I think we are just going to do Pinel Island.

Are taxis readily available in St. Maarten? Approx cost for 4 people from cruise ship to cul de sac to catch the ferry?

Pinel Island couple of pictures from my 2006 cruise, loved the lsland it was very peaceful and not crowded at all. we had a great time.

Enjoy your cruise, you will be getting on the ship and I will be getting off the ship....have a great cruise

We did Bernard's island tour with the beach stop on our Oct cruise. My DD, who is 14, liked the iguana farm and the sea urchin stops the best. It was a nice tour, but honestly, had I known about Pinel Island, I would have gone there. I love a beautiful beach and warm water.

Sorry to dredge up an old thread but wondering what the OP decided to do. We have Bernards book now but I love the looks of Pinel Island. We have a private tour booked with Bernards so we can choose to go there (which we will). Does Pinel Island have restrooms? Shower?

Thanks! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter