Pin Trading

just an FYI, i came back from dis yesterday, and i'd say 80% of pins i traded for,(mostly, tinkerbell, princes and haunted mansion) where scrappers. i've decided that i'm not going to care if it's a scrapper or not. but if the idea of having a scrapper upsets you, you'll want to be careful what you trade for.

i have both of the year of a million dreams pins, both were obtained during a one week stay! I also have a 35th anniversary pin from Disneyland that used to belong to my grandfather. btw, goofygirlxoxo, i love your siggie! He's soo hot!

i luv tinker bell! i have about 15 pins, (i just started) and about 10 of them are tinker bell! when we go back for my bday in October i hope to get a ton of rare pins. i want nothing what so ever to do with scrappers. I also am hoping to start a vinylmation collection also, so i need to save up!

Guess what guys? My aunt bought a pin lot for my cousins for easter. She gave my sister and I a few and she picked them randomly. She gave us this cheshire cat one that's limited edition of 250! Score! I'll post a pic of it later.

Are the pins that the CM's wear new or are they older? Just wanted to ask what sport of pins they have, looking forward to pin trading in January!!!

i collect pins everytime we go to Disney i think it is one of the best things at WDW

i love pin trading.I must have 3 or 4 lanyards full of pins.Here's a funny stories when i first starrted i was looking for hidden mickey's(love em) so i askedif we could trade each others for hidden mickey and they all gave me the pins that are shaped like mickeys head.I must of had 10 of them.It was so funny them my dad told me they werent hidden mickeys!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

i collect pins everytime we go to Disney i think it is one of the best things at WDW

me too i think its one of the best things they have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Are the pins that the CM's wear new or are they older? Just wanted to ask what sport of pins they have, looking forward to pin trading in January!!!
It's a mix of both really. They wear all sorts because people are constantly trading with them.

about $7 - $14. Idk if you already know this, but they color code the prices now, its weird how they price them now, but the prices are usually somewhere in that range

I didn't know that, Thanks :)
I used to do pins when I was younger but then I kept forgetting my lanyard so I stopped for years but i'm going to Disney on Friday and I wanna get back into it :) Plus i'm older and not as shy going up to people asking to trade pins lol

I didn't know that, Thanks :)
I used to do pins when I was younger but then I kept forgetting my lanyard so I stopped for years but i'm going to Disney on Friday and I wanna get back into it :) Plus i'm older and not as shy going up to people asking to trade pins lol

Ahh, i just came back sunday :( have an amazing time!!

I'm big on collecting the princess sets now, they're so cute!

I kept getting lots of scrappers though last trip -__- I try not to be bothered by it but i dunno, just not the same lol

I dont really know what kind of pins I get but I do know that I get the little baby ones!!!:laughing:

YAY PIN TRADING!!! :-) haha last time i went to disney (last spring) i finally decided to buy a pin bag for all of them and i love it :-) i've kinda been collecting a bunch of random stuff but i think from now on i'm gonna try for tinkerbell or daisy pins!

Umm as far as rare or limited edition I have 1 tinkerbell "where dreams come true" pin that a CM gave me, a really cool Mickey pin- like the old mickey with the big black eyes with little triangles in them- that i traded with another old guy CM, but looking back on it i don't think i should've traded for it! It doesn't have a backstamp, a date, NOTHING! and the ear is kinda deformed so yep its probably a scrapper. Oh there's this other limited edition of 1500 one that is shaped like a door hanger and it has a little spinny thing. on one side it says DO NOT DISTURB and on the other it has the Wilderness Lodge logo.

My family started trading for Disney Pins on our second trip to Disneyland around 8 years ago and we spent over $2000 on pins on that trip. It's not a cheap hobby, but everytime we come back from a Disney Vacation, we bring out all our pins and remember every vaction we've had. We rarely look at all the pictures we've taken, but we go through our pins at least once a month.

So many of our friends were asking questions about Disney Pin Trading that we finally wrote the Mouse Pin Trading Guide, which just came out on Amazon. It's based on our pin trading experience so you dont have to spend $2k on pins!

In fact... If anyone can get us a picture of the 2011 WDW Hidden Mickey Chaser series pins #11, #17 and #20, we'll send you a copy! They are only ones we need to complete the series and no one has a pic of them...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter