Pin Trading

I was looking last night and I'd personally pay a little more and get ones that guarantee that they aren't either Spanish or German ones

Can anyone recommend any sellers on eBay at all? There are so many different ones and it's difficult to pick the ones to trust

I've bought from dzny-pins-uk and also thewill (who's in the USA but postage is reasonable and will combine, majority of pins start at just 1p and I've had quite a lot cheaper than buying in the UK)

I've bought from dzny-pins-uk and also thewill (who's in the USA but postage is reasonable and will combine, majority of pins start at just 1p and I've had quite a lot cheaper than buying in the UK)

Thanks. Did you get any customs charges when buying from the USA?

Wow i've come to this one a bit late. ok here goes *deep breath*

in terms of sets in the park the way most people start is to buy a lanyard with a pin set. that contains 4 pins. 2 pairs of the same pin meaning you have 2 to trade right away. also there are "starter" sets they sell normally comprising of 4 or 5 pins on a backing board. Thats how I got started.

the park has 3 staff(that i met anyway) dedicated to promoting pin trading. They will appear at intervals during the day at the pin points on the map with a board you can trade off. then you can also trade with any cast member.

also alot of saturdays you will get local collectors at the end of main street usa by the pin point trading. Plus every month they have a pin evening and pin trading day event.

pinpics.com and dizpins.com are invaluable resources!

any questions drop me a PM

I was there last week and they had a offer for a 2 year old xmas lanyard at half price. This was 9 euros for 4 pins and a lanyard. It had bambi and thumper on it
The boards seem to be at the stall on the left in fantasy land on the way to the pirates and in the emporium infromt of their pins selling area at about 6ish.

if you look on the map there are designated pin points where the staff will often appear with the pin board. during weekdays that was normally at 6pmish. if it was good weather it was at the top of main streen on the right. if it was bad weather it was in the first shop on the left as you go up main street in the corner on the left just as you walk in. during the weekend it was about from about 1 or 2pm onwards.

Oddly enough I've yet to see it in the studios park despite there being 2 pin points there

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I have a couple of pins for which I have lost the backs. Does anybody know where I can buy replacement backs. I looked on ebay but didn't really know what to search for. :confused3

Have a look when you're in DLRP. I saw loads of little bags of them in WDW. In all different colours too. :)

You'll get little bags of Mickey head shaped backs anywhere that sells the pins at DLP, they'll be on the display somewhere, I've bought them a couple of times. :)

We bought a pack of Mickey shaped backs in our local Disney Store.
There was 15 in the pack and they cost £1. They were not on offer, they were with the Disney pins :)

:headache: I must be blind. I have looked everywhere (I thought!) at DLP on my last 4 visits and haven't been able to find them at all.

I know its not strictly DLRP pins, but has anyone else bought a Wishing Star pin from the Disney Store? Robert bought me one for Christmas- I loved the concept so much he knew it was a good option!

Bob xoxox

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter