Pin codes are going to be the death of me

dalmatian7

DIS Veteran
I need opinions please. Currently we are traveling to FL (Daytona Beach) Nov 15-19. We (me, DH, and DD age almost 4) currently have a one night room only reservation for AoA. We planned on driving over from Daytona and staying over the night before our one day at MK. I didn't book this room under a pin code. I picked AoA bc DD is a Cars fan. But the look of the rooms doesn't thrill me.

This morning I get an email with a pin code, I had gotten this before but wasn't able to use it at AoA, so in playing around this morning I find the following options:

A room at Beach Club for more than AoA, but I start thinking about Stormalong Bay and walking the Boardwalk at night and think it would be cool to check this off my "I stayed there list".

A room at GF for about the same. It was really nice when we did this type of one day thing a few years ago at the Poly to get up and go right to the MK. and again the "I stayed there" thing. The pool area looks nice for DD.

If I did rebook, would I lose my BOG fastpass that was booked under my current AoA confirmation number? I have never changed a reservation so I didn't know how that worked. Also, our bands have shipped. Please tell me they will not send another set.

To throw a wrench in the whole thing, DH would rather stay in Daytona the whole time (we are staying with my grandparents). I have a fear of Orlando morning traffic and not making a 9am rope drop. Again, if I canceled everything would I lose the BOG fastpass?

What would you do and why? Is Stormalong Bay fun for small kids?

Don't try to do it online yourself, instead call Walt Disney Travel Co. and let them know you'd like to switch resorts and give them your pin code....and your existing reservation #. See if they can find the rate with you pin code and they can change it, but you'll still retain your original res # and anything on MyDisneyExperience that you've already booked will remain the same (FP, dining, etc)

Thanks, I figured it would take a phone call. Still deciding. I guess it is time to make the pro/con list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter