Pin Books Still available at WDW

ladyandtramp

It ALL started w/a Mouse!
I forgot to check when I was there in May...
does anyone know if they are still selling the
pin trading books (the black ones that were 20.00) at WDW?

Anyone hear of any rumors they are going to stop?

Thanks!

Hi,

I was just at WDW (June 2) and they still had the $20.00 trading books. Also at MGM, the new trading book pack back was avaliable. It sold for $32.00. It's a little smaller than the $20.00 book, but the interior pages were higher quality and similar to the pages in the old book that sold for $50.00. This book also has two straps so you can carry it around, and has many side bags to put other items in. The castmember at the counter told me this new back-pack book was the one replacing the recalled $50.00 trading book which will no longer be sold.

Roy

Did I read that right? They recalled one of the books? If so can you tell me which one, when, and why?
Karen
:confused: :confused:

from what I heard from a CM the soft pin bags were pulled because aod a law suit against Disney someone had been hurt or someone was injured by a pin bag. For the moment pin binders is what took it's place.

DL had pin bags too. I didn't look that close at them because I alrady have the large WDW bag. I didn't notice any difference, other than the logo on the front. But I didn't inspect it close either.
They also had the smaller pin bag. I didn't consider buying it only because the price difference wasn't that much from the larger bag.

and the new pin bag is great. It is a bit different shape. All the previous bags have been "landscape" shaped when opened. The newest one is "portrait" shaped when opened. the page velcros together to make 2 pages or one LONG page. It has clear plastic between the pin pages. :bounce:

How in the world can a pin bag hurt you? Do they jump out of the closet and attack you? :eek: :eek:

Besides, all bags I have seen are pretty much built the same way. Wonder what the incident was about...

Wanda

I was wondering how a pin bag could hurt you too -- skin stuck in a zipper or something??

Thanks for all the replies...that backpack sounds mighty interesting!!! Thanks.

Janet

Can anyone tell me how many pins the pin backpack holds in comparison to the large soft pin bags that they used to sell at WDW? I love the old soft pin bags and I am really disappointed that they stopped selling them at WDW, and I don't like the idea of displaying my keepers at home in a backpack... :( Sounds yucky to me. Anyways, help me out, how much does it hold and what does it look like?

There is a new large bag. It is larger then last years large one. It is great. Going to WDW next week. Will check out all the different bags.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter