Piformis syndrome- Any one deal with it

mrsstats

<font color=blue>Sure sister's cat is as big as a
It usually comes and goes but this is not going away. Advil and heating pad not working as it usually does. Thinking my next step is ortho doctor but it will have to wait until I am back from vacation. Sitting is painful. 3+ hours in the plane will not help.

I highly recomend getting a silicone cupping set (the soft ones you can squeeze) I need to keep my piriformas area loose or my legs and lower back are not happy.
I keep a large silicone cup in the shower and use conditioner to slide the cup around. You'll know when you hit the right spot...immediate sharp pain but it will loosen pretty quickly. I notice a huge difference in my hip and leg circulation and tightness after I work on that area.
I also sometimes use it in bed on my side (using coconut or massage oil to slide it around)
Bonus...it smooths out cellulite.lol

Yes- during my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies I had severe pain. At one point it would drop me to my knees all of the sudden! Waking in the morning was very painful. I started going to the chiro twice a week with 30 minutes of muscle work targeted only in that area before the adjustment and it helped so much! For me, I had most of the pain focused to one side but it was actually the other side that was pulling more. So when I work the area at home I'm sure to do both sides, not just focus on the one that is painful. I hope you find some relief!

I had to Google this. I had trouble like this after the birth of my 4th child. I just called it trouble with the sciatic nerve.

Ibuprofen and 4 to 6 weeks of intense physical therapy did the trick for me. There was use of electrodes delivering electric current, pre tens unit days, a harness on my waist/back taking the weight off while I walked on a treadmill, exercises to do at home, etc. Worked for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter