PIF and cancel deadlines

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
the end of march we booked the british isles crruise for this year

I paid the deposit already but PIF date is may 11 the cruise is in sept I thought they gave you longer then this to pay in full

also does anyone know the deadlines for cancelling and penalties not that were expecting to cancel but you never know what comes up

For cruises that are 6 nights or longer, the PIF date is 120 days before sailing (150 if you are concierge). We sail in August on the Dream and our PIF date was yesterday. If you don't PIF by your date you will lose your deposit. If you cancel after the PIF date then you will lose a portion of your money, percentage depends on how close you are to the cruise, 25%, then 50%, then 75% and then finally 100%.

also does anyone know the deadlines for cancelling and penalties not that were expecting to cancel but you never know what comes up
As PP said, for cruises of 6+ nights the PIF date is 120 days prior to embarkation.

Cruises of 6 Nights or More (Excluding Suites and Concierge Staterooms)

Days Prior to Vacation Commencement DateFee Amount
119-56 daysDeposit per Guest
55-30 days50% of vacation price per Guest
29-15 days75% of vacation price per Guest
14 days or less100% of vacation price per Guest

There is a slightly different fee schedule for cruises of 5 or fewer nights, with PIF due 90 days before embarkation.

I wonder if you called and instead of canceling moved it to another sailing. if it’s after PIF that might be an option. I’m sure someone who knows the ins and outs better than I can comment on that.

I wonder if you called and instead of canceling moved it to another sailing. if it’s after PIF that might be an option. I’m sure someone who knows the ins and outs better than I can comment on that.

Sail date changes and passenger changes are considered cancelations.

My advice would be to get travel insurance now before the PIF date for whatever may come up.

May be a silly question but I can't find an answer ...
What if you cancel prior to the PIF date - do you receive a full refund of your entire deposit?

May be a silly question but I can't find an answer ...
What if you cancel prior to the PIF date - do you receive a full refund of your entire deposit?
If you cancel prior to the date when cancellation policies begin, then you will receive a full refund to the method of payment you used.

This date is usually the same as the PIF date when final payment is required, except for Concierge bookings (for which the deposit is non-refundable from the time it is made), *GT bookings (which are non-refundable as soon as they are booked), and a few special itineraries whose restrictions are announced when booking begins (such as inaugural sailings).

When cruising resumed after the pause a few years ago, the date cancellation policies began was pushed forward to after the Paid in Full date. That temporary policy ended a while ago, so the cancellation policies revert to what lanejudy listed above.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter