• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

piercings

At the height of my piercing life I had:
Right ear cartilage [still have]
Right ear lobe x1
Left ear lobe x 2
Nose
Labret in middle lip.
Navel top [still have]
Navel bottom

and my tattoos.

I don't mind people with ears or belly button. But excessive piercing turns me off. I have nothing against people who get them though!

I don't even have my ears pierced! I am a big wimp, so I am afraid it will hurt. I want to, but I always chicken out.

me too! i'm intending to get my ears done in the next 2 years...

i would never get any facial or body piercings. there are some piercings that not too many people can pull off also, like septum piercings. i usually hate them, but my best friend got one and it looks hot. i hate when people have stretchers in their ears or really trashy looking piercings, but in general i have nothing against piercings.

I really don't get what people have against gauges. I mean, my ears are gauged and 99% of people don't notice. Not all gauges are huge, stick-your-finger-through-them size. I don't want to start anything, I'm just sayin'. I mean, even 10g isn't huge.

I really don't get what people have against gauges. I mean, my ears are gauged and 99% of people don't notice. Not all gauges are huge, stick-your-finger-through-them size. I don't want to start anything, I'm just sayin'. I mean, even 10g isn't huge.

How do you know they don't notice? I look at people's jewelery. I may not jump up and down screaming "OH MY GOD YOU HAVE GAUGED EARS" but I probably noticed. :confused3

This.

I only have my ears pierced and ones 2g and the other is between a 2 and a 0g.
I reallly want an eyebrow piercing and a nose piercing but idk when I'll get that

How do you know they don't notice? I look at people's jewelery. I may not jump up and down screaming "OH MY GOD YOU HAVE GAUGED EARS" but I probably noticed. :confused3

Just that there isn't that big a difference visibly between a 20/18g (what ears are normally pierced with) and 14g like what I wear. Even up to a 12g isn't terribly different. I feel like most people wouldn't notice unless I pointed it out. My closest friends didn't notice I had gaged mine until I found an awesome set of green earrings.

It's just that some people are all "OMGEWWWWW!!! Stretching your ears at all is grooosssssss!" (not necessarily on here, some people I've met in real life are like this). What most people don't realize is that many places now pierce with 20g earrings, but most earrings that you buy are 18g, so almost everybody has "gauged" ears. I had a guy come into my work two weeks ago complain about the guy in front of him's gauged ears (they were a 10g based on looks), and about how anything bigger than what they pierce you with was so wrong and how only gay men wear earrings (looong rant from this guy. I was about ready to shut the window on him) and as I handed him his change I told him my ears were gaged and he went got all red and left. I laughed. (story marginally related).

To me, there's a difference between "gaged" and "stretched". Gaged isn't really noticeable, but stretched is bigger things. I know this isn't technically correct, as they're supposed to be synonymous, but that's just how I view it.

And then there's my mom, who refuses to buy food from a cashier with facial piercings (even just a small nose stud or something simple in an eyebrow). She will literally wait in a longer line just to avoid it. And don't even get her started on tongue piercings (which you can't even really see!).

Small gauges are fine, but I hate ones like this:

Cory.jpg

Cory La Quay's gauges freak me out.

Just that there isn't that big a difference visibly between a 20/18g (what ears are normally pierced with) and 14g like what I wear. Even up to a 12g isn't terribly different. I feel like most people wouldn't notice unless I pointed it out. My closest friends didn't notice I had gaged mine until I found an awesome set of green earrings.

It's just that some people are all "OMGEWWWWW!!! Stretching your ears at all is grooosssssss!" (not necessarily on here, some people I've met in real life are like this). What most people don't realize is that many places now pierce with 20g earrings, but most earrings that you buy are 18g, so almost everybody has "gauged" ears. I had a guy come into my work two weeks ago complain about the guy in front of him's gauged ears (they were a 10g based on looks), and about how anything bigger than what they pierce you with was so wrong and how only gay men wear earrings (looong rant from this guy. I was about ready to shut the window on him) and as I handed him his change I told him my ears were gaged and he went got all red and left. I laughed. (story marginally related).

To me, there's a difference between "gaged" and "stretched". Gaged isn't really noticeable, but stretched is bigger things. I know this isn't technically correct, as they're supposed to be synonymous, but that's just how I view it.

And then there's my mom, who refuses to buy food from a cashier with facial piercings (even just a small nose stud or something simple in an eyebrow). She will literally wait in a longer line just to avoid it. And don't even get her started on tongue piercings (which you can't even really see!).

you DONT gauge your ears. gauges are the pieces of jewelry you wear in stretched ears. "gauge" is not a verb!
sorry this is such a huge pet peeve of mine!

you DONT gauge your ears. gauges are the pieces of jewelry you wear in stretched ears. "gauge" is not a verb!
sorry this is such a huge pet peeve of mine!

LOL. I didn't even realize. My brother-in-law's a piercer and he always says it like I do.

Then again, with all the nouns-becoming-verbs these days, who knows what else I don't even realize anymore. IE: to "google" something, to "friend" somebody.

I'm not a fan. My earings are good for me! but boys with any type of piercing is a turn off to me...:idea:

Usually the higher gauge earrings are different looking than "regular" ones with the tiny post and usually something attached to it. That's what I was saying.

Usually the higher gauge earrings are different looking than "regular" ones with the tiny post and usually something attached to it. That's what I was saying.

True, so point there.

I do see more and more people with some type of "quasi" barbell/gauge earring. They sell them at Claire's and stuff and they look like a gauge barbell, but are actually standard size posts that slide into a larger sheath style thing and give the impression of stretched ears. I think they're pretty odd.

And I have an awesome set of wooden hoop earrings that are actually a 14g, but look pretty normal. I love them and I so wish I had bought more than one pair. I'm sure I could find similar ones on line if I looked hard enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter