~ Pictures? ~

Sign up for a free account on flickr or photobucket. Upload your pics to them. Then copy and paste the "img code" into the text area of your post. Good luck!

Exactly, then when ready to post an image here, just click upon the yellow square that is above the quick reply box, then paste the URL of your IMG into it. There may be a http:// that appears automatically in said box, in which case just delete that because you don't need or want two http://s, because otherwise your image will either not show up correctly or not at all. Then just click on OK and voilà, there is your cool picture.

~ ~ ~

:stir:

You make this sound so simple, but I can't seem to navigate flickr. I opened an account and loaded a picture, but I do not see a URL, or IMG on flickr for my picture. My Son always has helped me with the computer now he's in the Army and I am lost, lol. I am a point and click kind of person. :confused: :tink:

I do not have a Fliker account. Only photobucket. Which I am not too happy with their recent changes.
I'm sure that someone that has Fliker, will be able to help you out.
Now if you give PB a try, I am more than happy to be of help.
I have been thinking for awhile now to give Fl a try, so I might be able to help there in due time as well.
I am sure that with a bit of trial and error, you will become most proficient with your account.

~ ~ ~

:stir:

OK, so I checked out Flickr. And apparently a number of changes have been made recently, so if one was accustomed to the previous format, I sure can see how it would be confusing now. Anyway, here is some information from the site:

Where is the HTML code and photo file link?

The HTML code to embed a photo in a web page that you used to find on the All Sizes page is now only in the Share menu on the photo, to the left of the More menu. We now also include BBCode! (standard message board code)

There are a few cases where the code may not be available: 1) If the photo is restricted. 2) If that person has turned off "Share this" or access to original files.

OK.... now that is a square image that has an arrow coming through it on your main page, on the upper right hand side of the main page. That is to share your photostream. Just click on it, and it will give you that link.

For an individual photo link, click on your desired photo, then look for the same type of image, this time it will be on the bottom right hand side of the area where your photo is, not on your photo, but again on the right hand side of it, near the corner of the box that your picture is in.

Then click on the box that has this arrow coming out of it. This arrow box is next to the comment box which is white and circular and it is next to a star. Between the arrow box there is space, then a couple of little arrows and next to it are three dots.
Anyway, click on the arrow box image, then a box will drop down and it will give you the options for sharing. There is the share this via link, which will allow you to share via email or face book, etc.
The link for here will be the Grab the Link option. Then you just copy the link, then paste it here.

I am going to share my pic here now, hopefully I have it correct. :)

OK so my picture is not showing up.... although these are the correct steps. So I will have to try to figure out why this is happening.

In my most honest opinion, I believe that photobucket even with their most recent changes is far easier to use in comparison to Flickr. Now.. I am going to spend another minute or two trying to figure out my picture issue... :faint:

Ok what is working for me here is the BBCode. So..... copy that link and then paste it directly into this message box. That did work, there is my Tia Dalma... gotta love her!

Tia Dalma

Just make sure to click on the BBcode.

OK figured out something new here too.... the BBCode will appear to be quite large. You actually only need the first part of it. It will end in the jpg [/img] [/url] code. You really do not need that second part of the code, unless you would like to use it. It will give the name of your photo and your profile name on your Flickr account.

A simpler way IMO is to use imgur.com or tinypic.com. No account required and the code will be listed right next to your pic after upload so just copy and paste.

Photo bucket is more user friendly too. But with recent changes, not so much. I don't know why photo hosting sites have to change what is not broken.
I might check those sites out at some point. I recognize the tiny images site, but have not checked into it so far.

Thank you for posting them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter