Pictures where the kids HATE the characters!

Wow, sounds like someone got up on the wrong side of the bed. I agree with the above comment that no parent intends for these children to get the life scared out of them but sometimes that happens and it IS a very funny snapshot. I'm sure many of us well adjusted adults had some of the same things happen to us when we were young and look how we turned out - "PERFECT!". Maybe to many college classes in psych can be contributed to that comment. Please keep the pics coming. They actually bring back good memories.

OMG this thread is cracking me up!! :rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:
I should not be reading it at the library!!

I don't have kids yet, but all these pictures are killing me!!
I'll have to get out my mom's stash and see if there are any of my sister and I when we were babies.

Hope you guys have more :goodvibes:goodvibes

(And I suspect Prince Naveen never felt as useless as this time! Poor Tiana tried to include him anyway, she did the best she could...

Scarlett_Tiana_2.jpg

Oh, I'm pretty sure I know a time when he felt worse. My 3 year old DD would not get anywhere near him and then she flat out told him to get out of the picture because she only wanted Tiana! :lmao: He was a good sport. At least your DD was polite!

I don't know what happened that scared her. In fact, about one minute after leaving the line, DD then flipped out and started crying because she really did want to see him, but now it was too late. The line was really short, so I took her back through. He said "you're back" and very nicely started to step back to the corner of the area away from Tiana so DD wouldn't be scared and he was shocked when she ran straight to him and started hugging him. He looked up and said "oooh...this one's a little crazy. I like that!" He was so great! That time Tiana started to step into the picture with them, and DD gave her the hand and told her it was Naveen's turn! I think she wanted to make him feel better about how she had treated him the first time!

Okay, I',, risk getting flamed here but what is it that makes some adults seem to get such a kick out of terrifying small children? It may seem funny to you but from the perspective of a small child who is developmentally incapable of understanding the difference between real and make believe, most of the characters are truly frightening.

For goodness sake, some of you grown-ups won't consider staying at the Boardwalk because the pool clown freaks you out but you don't have any problem with making your child pose for a picture with a "larger than life" big bellied bear over breakfast!

Because we have this thing called a sense of humor. Life doesn't always have to be so darn serious. My kids look back at pictures and memories of themselves where they are afraid of Santa, Mickey, ect and roar laughing. AT THEMSELVES. Because I raised them not to be crybabies. I assure you, they are in no way emtionally scarred from it.

It's funny! Lighten up.

My dd, although not scared of any character, also showed a definite preference :

image190.jpg

This one is priceless. I think it would be framed and hanging on the wall of my kid's room if I were you. Too funny!!

:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: :goodvibes

I love this thread and plan to take pics of the character with my future children regardless of the "outcome". I love to see the old pictures of me and my husband with the characters and know my children will also one day enjoy the pictures, good or bad.

Seriously...I don't think anyone that's posted has gone "MWAHAHA little Jimmy is terrified of the characters!!! I shall make him meet as many as possible to satisfy my evil plan of having funny pictures!!! First the pictures and the THE WORLD!!" It doesn't make anyone a better mommy or daddy or aunty or sister or neighbor next door to get all indignant over this. They're pictures for crying out loud. Show me a picture where Mickey has a whip and the kid is in handcuffs, then I'd understand, but if you have that big of an issue with it, there's no reason to come to this thread.

*steps down of heavily decorated Disney theme soapbox*

Anyway, I'll have to see if I can dig out the pics from the ooooold Dreamfinder and Figment meet and greet where I'm wigging out because Figment is trying to kiss me.

Internet Rule #127: If it involves kids, someone will pipe up to inform you that you are Doing It Wrong. Because of your insistence to continue Doing It Wrong despite the sage advice your virtual correspondents offer so generously, you can be assured that your children will grow up to be traumatized individuals who will never function properly in polite society. In extreme cases, threats to alert appropriate authorities and/or petition the government to place strict regulations on breeding privleges may be issued.

;) Just teasing, moms and others who do not find this thread very amusing.

Internet Rule #127: If it involves kids, someone will pipe up to inform you that you are Doing It Wrong. Because of your insistence to continue Doing It Wrong despite the sage advice your virtual correspondents offer so generously, you can be assured that your children will grow up to be traumatized individuals who will never function properly in polite society. In extreme cases, threats to alert appropriate authorities and/or petition the government to place strict regulations on breeding privleges may be issued.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

LOVE IT! Sooo funny!

I do think however, that maybe Disney needs to replace that H&V breakfast with some less scary characters!!! :lmao:

A truer word has never been said! I once started a thread about a particularly bad day at MK with my kids (then ages 7 and 9) fighting and arguing all day long . I just really was looking for a little sympathy, "Been thre, done that" sort of thing. Needless to say, it went on for about 20 pages of what a terrible mother I am! Never again.........I will never vent on The Dis.....just keep it inside!;)

Well, you all know what they say, right? The only perfect parent is one without children!

Our DS ate his whole breakfast under the table. He claims its one of the best breakfasts he had on our trip.
IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

AWWW the little guy under the table is so cute!! There are so many cute kids on this thread. I also like the recent ones of the little girl with Tiana and Naveen. It's like "I'm not so sure about this...just keep your distance buddy!"

A truer word has never been said! I once started a thread about a particularly bad day at MK with my kids (then ages 7 and 9) fighting and arguing all day long . I just really was looking for a little sympathy, "Been thre, done that" sort of thing. Needless to say, it went on for about 20 pages of what a terrible mother I am! Never again.........I will never vent on The Dis.....just keep it inside!;)

:hug: Bless your heart. I'm sure you're a great mom! My mom is one of the best you'll ever find, but my brother and I (who are two years apart just like your little monsters ;) ) had our perfect angel days as well as our demon-spawn days. But hey, if we had been perfect all the time, we wouldn't have all those funny stories to share now that we're adults! :goodvibes

CIMG3384.jpg

We had done a character meal in 2007 and talked my sister into going to one in 2008 with all her kids. This was their first character meal and we have 7 small kids all together. It had been less than 12 months earlier that my baby was LOVING the characters, so it never dawned on me that a 9 month old is clueless and a 20 month old is not. So I got the genius idea of having my littlest one sit across so I could get a great photo of her big smile. So this is her "big smile" and my poor sister with a baby attached to her & her three kids doing a Donald rush while she tries to figure out what to do with the terrified toddler. I, naturally, took a picture before attempting to help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter