• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pictures on formal night? Is this rude?

cats mom said:
We had a family of 4 in front of us. they did: mom and dad with kids, mom and dad, just kids, mom with daughter, dad with son, mom with son, dad with daughter, daughter alone, son alone. I was a bit surprised this particular family didn't ask for individuals of each of the parents too. Do you really need 9 different shots of one little family?

BethA said:
I think I've been in line behind that same family!!!

LOL I am behind that family wherever I go! :rotfl2: :lmao:

I am behind them at the grocery store (and they ususally have 30 items in the 12 item "express" line) ;)

I am behind them at the bank. Usually balancing several bank accounts in the drive thru ATM line :confused3

I am behind them at any one of a half dozen fast food places. Where the parents stand in two different lines and have the kids take up another two and then move the whole tribe into whichever line gets to the cashier the fastest :furious:

I am behind them at the concession stand at the cinema. See above :sad2:

I am behind them on every ride at WDW or Six Flags. Whole family ends up cutting in somewhere along the line :sad2:

I am pretty sure that this is also the family that save seats at the shows and loungers at the pool or hammocks at CC! LOL :rolleyes1

It would be nice if those were respectful to the others in line and limit their combinations. We too would like to have our picture taken and it is very frustrating waiting in line while a particular family spends time posing for multiple shots. Take one or two and then give another family a chance.
Look at it this way - if every family in line requested various shots, how many families would have the opportunity to have their picture taken?

Another option is to find out from the photgrpaher what they think will be a slow time and set-up a sort of "appointment" where they can spend time getting those perfect pictures. We have done that several times and it works just fine. There was never a line that we had to wait in and we did not make anyone behind us.

Now of course it depends on the photographers. I know that two of the ones that did this a lot for us are currently on the Wonder.

TiaMaria said:
LOL I am behind that family wherever I go! :rotfl2: :lmao:

I am behind them at the grocery store (and they ususally have 30 items in the 12 item "express" line) ;)

I am behind them at the bank. Usually balancing several bank accounts in the drive thru ATM line :confused3

I am behind them at any one of a half dozen fast food places. Where the parents stand in two different lines and have the kids take up another two and then move the whole tribe into whichever line gets to the cashier the fastest :furious:

I am behind them at the concession stand at the cinema. See above :sad2:

I am behind them on every ride at WDW or Six Flags. Whole family ends up cutting in somewhere along the line :sad2:

I am pretty sure that this is also the family that save seats at the shows and loungers at the pool or hammocks at CC! LOL :rolleyes1

You are so funny! :rotfl2:

Well, let's tell all the newbies the truth:

Get in line VERY early for pictures and when you are in that very long long long line before dinner...be very prepared for all that is said above.

Unless DCL puts a limit on the amount of positions and pictures taken, you could very well take any picture pose you want.

I remembering getting ready very early, hauling my family down for pictures on formal night. Oh, the line, I was a good 50 people or so back. The group in front had more than 10 in their group. So you can imagine how long it took. (Brothers, sisters, just girls, just boys, girls with Grandma, Boys with Grandma, kids alone, parents with Grandmay, parents with kid) We waited, we waited, we waited. We are by this time missing our appetizers, but we are waiting because we are almost there, next in line, so who would leave if you are NEXT in line. That's life- right TIAMARIE! That's why I laughed so hard!

Cracked me up to see all those photos 3 days later in Shutters, all stacked up. What a waste. :rolleyes1

Bottom line...go to pictures EARLY!

Thanks everyone for all the opinions. We plan on going down there early. DH and I went early our last cruise and were 2nd in line for mickey and minnie in formal wear. It was great. We moved through all the lines within minutes.

cruisecrzy - that's a good idea thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter