Pictures of things No Longer Seen at WDW

How about the Teddy Bear and Doll Show? This was the last one, and it was quite an event.
May, 2008 Doll and Teddy Bear Show.jpg
The woman in the picture was my friend and traveling companion, Lesley Bear, who was a Teddy Bear artist (yes, that was her real name!). The gentleman is John Blackburn, owner of Canterbury Bears in England, and a wonderful Teddy Bear artist.
John Blackburn and Lesley Bear.jpg

Just one more and then I'm done for the day.
This was taken Dec. 12, 2002 at the Polynesian Luau. It was pouring rain, and we were seated in the first seats at the center table, which wasn't under the roof way back then. During the show, they made EVERYONE at our table get up, and some cast members came and picked up all the tables and moved them so that we wouldn't drown! They moved our chairs, made sure no food or drink spilled, and then made sure that we were all settled. If you look closely at the picture, you can see the rain. The firedancer was under the roof of the stage, so he wasn't wet.
Firedancer, Dec. 12, 2002.JPG

Wow the trees in the Magic Kingdom hub looked beautiful. Where they taken down due to blocking the fireworks?
Yes. As they used the castle more and more as a display surface, they cut back on the trees. It was much nicer with the trees.

these dont have water anymore???
Back then, like 2001 or so, it was very, very dry in Florida. They turned the fountain flows off on most fountains and have kept off ever since. Saves them a few bucks for the bean counters, but I doubt much water as it is all recycled in the fountains. Only water loss would be to evaporation.

The Adventureland sign in MK. Every trip we'd take a photo in front of the sign. The bench is still there but the sign is missing.now.JPG then.JPG

2lo3t3o.jpg

We've been pretty lucky with the things we've use to compare the kids' growth on return trips. Luckily, Casey, the Partners Statue, the Star Wars Speeder, etc have stayed put. Other than the parrot outside PoTC, the only one I really lament is the departure of the Buzz Lightyear box near Pizza Planet. This is from 2000 and 2004, when DD was 5 and 9. (We loved seeing the differences they'd made to the box, too!)

Sam%2Bwith%2BBuzz%2BBox.jpg

For a minute, I truly thought I had imagined the waterfall and lush greenery. My guests were NOT impressed with the side trip to the Poly.

Yeah, it just doesn't look like the Poly anymore. I showed DH the pic of the new lobby and he was interested at first "Where's that? How did we miss the tiki?" but as soon as I told him it was the new lobby he said "But that doesn't look Polynesian at all! Where'd they put my waterfall?"

I think the Poly has been knocked down a few pegs on his resort list.

One of the things I miss the most is Mickey and Minnie's house. When I told my 5 year old nephew that the houses were gone, he was very concerned. Where will Mickey and Minne live now? I had to do some quick thinking. To a 5 year old, who was lucky enough to be at WDW every year since he was born, they LIVED there. So now Mickey and Minnie were homeless!

One of the things I miss the most is Mickey and Minnie's house. When I told my 5 year old nephew that the houses were gone, he was very concerned. Where will Mickey and Minne live now? I had to do some quick thinking. To a 5 year old, who was lucky enough to be at WDW every year since he was born, they LIVED there. So now Mickey and Minnie were homeless!
Actually, their 'permanent' homes are in Disneyland, these were their summer homes. So only no more summer homes.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter