Pictures of new BCV rooms

Consider the lobbies of the Beach Club and BoardWalk. There's nothing whimsical about them...they are elegant and sophisticated said:
Whoa, Tim - you don't consider chairs with faces, elephants flying around and carousels as 'whimsical'?

Well Tim, as one who bought these rooms happily back in 2003 I believe it was, at the time we thought they were so unique and everybody couldn't wait to stay in them!

They were considered to be so whimsical and inviting to us new purchasers at that time. I already owned at BWV, which was actually being slammed quite a bit for not being a new OKW, room size was smaller,etc, so when BCV came along with it's 1 minute closer proximity to Epcot and it's unique theme and the fact that it was associated with the Beach Club and people got welcomed by Art and on and on, no one was complaining about this look - they were scrambling to stay there because for it's time, it was what was new and 'in', no matter how many pics you post showing the gaudy details.

Now, up here in 2016, we are a more tightly wound group. The old look doesn't appeal to the generation that is buying up DVC. It needs to be more generic as that is the norm that this generation of buyers are looking for. There is no more 'Disney take me away' vibe - the 'magic' is in getting what you demand as opposed to a magical experience.

It was definitely time to change the look. Even though in 2003, i and others loved it, most of us have moved on.

But what we miss and what we want is not being delivered. That's Disney Imagination. Someone has definitely squashed and trampled that out of existence. Sammie can show us all that sophistication in million dollar beach houses and defend Disney to death, but Sammie can't show us Disney doing anything special that is 'different' or has another vibe than what is in Coastal Living.

There's nothing wrong with the new decor. It's appealing in that it is clean and is the norm in today's expectations for a hotel room, other than furniture that will be shabby and used looking and dirty after the first few spills.

What's wrong is what Kat says - they've missed the mark and gone generic - that's not what we bought - we bought 'special' and expected the trend to stay special as well as updated with the times.

Actually, I wasn't bothered about the room décor when I bought at the BCVs. Didn't dislike it, but certainly didn't love it either. I bought there for the location and all the other things the resort has to offer, and for that I could put up with the furnishings! But that's just me, and everyone's taste is different. At least the two reviews we have heard so far, from people who have actually seen the furnishings up close, have been very positive, and it sounds like there are still Disney touches to be discovered, albeit they are slightly less obvious than before.

Just got a call from member services regarding my complaint about the jet tubs going away. For any others out there that are a bit upset about this, please consider also sending an email. Hopefully if they receive enough feedback they may do the Grand Floridian tubs at all the other renovations in the future instead of them just getting rid of the jets all together.

Actually, I wasn't bothered about the room décor when I bought at the BCVs. Didn't dislike it, but certainly didn't love it either. I bought there for the location and all the other things the resort has to offer, and for that I could put up with the furnishings! But that's just me, and everyone's taste is different. At least the two reviews we have heard so far, from people who have actually seen the furnishings up close, have been very positive, and it sounds like there are still Disney touches to be discovered, albeit they are slightly less obvious than before.

If we have read the same eye witness accounts, it sounded like to me there is more Disney in the design than before. Simply put some will like it others won't. Can't please everyone.

Well Tim, as one who bought these rooms happily back in 2003 I believe it was, at the time we thought they were so unique and everybody couldn't wait to stay in them!

They were considered to be so whimsical and inviting to us new purchasers at that time. I already owned at BWV, which was actually being slammed quite a bit for not being a new OKW, room size was smaller,etc, so when BCV came along with it's 1 minute closer proximity to Epcot and it's unique theme and the fact that it was associated with the Beach Club and people got welcomed by Art and on and on, no one was complaining about this look - they were scrambling to stay there because for it's time, it was what was new and 'in', no matter how many pics you post showing the gaudy details.

Now, up here in 2016, we are a more tightly wound group. The old look doesn't appeal to the generation that is buying up DVC. It needs to be more generic as that is the norm that this generation of buyers are looking for. There is no more 'Disney take me away' vibe - the 'magic' is in getting what you demand as opposed to a magical experience.

It was definitely time to change the look. Even though in 2003, i and others loved it, most of us have moved on.

But what we miss and what we want is not being delivered. That's Disney Imagination. Someone has definitely squashed and trampled that out of existence. Sammie can show us all that sophistication in million dollar beach houses and defend Disney to death, but Sammie can't show us Disney doing anything special that is 'different' or has another vibe than what is in Coastal Living.

There's nothing wrong with the new decor. It's appealing in that it is clean and is the norm in today's expectations for a hotel room, other than furniture that will be shabby and used looking and dirty after the first few spills.

What's wrong is what Kat says - they've missed the mark and gone generic - that's not what we bought - we bought 'special' and expected the trend to stay special as well as updated with the times.

What in the earlier room decor, said Disney to you? I saw nothing except garish mismatched colors. I think the difference is because it was there first, some think it says Disney and maybe to you it does and that is fine. To me it said, ugly.

The new decor has beach color blues and sand colored tones in it. There are many wave designs in the fabrics. The knobs have beach designs on them. Even the Little Mermaid influence is shown. The carpet and pillows have coral designs in them. There are hidden Mickeys in the designs. There are waves in the sand colored tile. Based on eye witness accounts it sounds beach and Disney at the same time which to me orange plaid couches and floral bedspreads and drapes never did.

Last edited:
Any word on what floors are completed? We are staying 1 night in April for Star Wars 1/2 marathon, and would love a renovated room. Also, does the studio now have a pull down bed like Polynesian? TIA!

Jennifer

I liked the pictures and the map of south Jersey hanging in the old rooms. The absolutely said Cape May (NJ) to me. We bought BCV because of SAB, we have not ever been disappointed with a stay there. As I said earlier here, cannot wait for my girl's trip in May, no matter new decor or not!

Any word on what floors are completed? We are staying 1 night in April for Star Wars 1/2 marathon, and would love a renovated room. Also, does the studio now have a pull down bed like Polynesian? TIA!

Jennifer
I am wondering this info as well! We will be there the 14-18 in a 1 bedroom and I want to put in my request! Any updates?

Jennifer

My understanding is that they are doing the refurb work at BCV by "wing", all rooms from the 5th floor to 1st floor before going on to the next wing. One wing has been completed so far and work has started on another wing. If you look at the first post on the FAQ thread (link is in my signature), there is information about which rooms have been finished.

I still have not seen pictures from anyone who has stayed in a renovated room yet.

:goodvibes

My understanding is that they are doing the refurb work at BCV by "wing", all rooms from the 5th floor to 1st floor before going on to the next wing. One wing has been completed so far and work has started on another wing. If you look at the first post on the FAQ thread (link is in my signature), there is information about which rooms have been finished.

I still have not seen pictures from anyone who has stayed in a renovated room yet.

Another forum for dvc owners has a trip report from a renovated 1 bd

Yes. It looks beautiful. I am very excited to stay in October.

I am trying to get authorization to post to the other site so I can ask if we can use the pictures here, but I am in limbo waiting to be approved. I copied off the pictures and descriptions from the person who stayed there, but I won't post them unless I get her permission.

I agree, the rooms look awesome!

But to confirm what has been reported or suspected, the tubs are no longer jetted and the bedroom did not have a ceiling fan.

Just got a call from member services regarding my complaint about the jet tubs going away. For any others out there that are a bit upset about this, please consider also sending an email. Hopefully if they receive enough feedback they may do the Grand Floridian tubs at all the other renovations in the future instead of them just getting rid of the jets all together.
What is the best email to use?

I was not thrilled with the pictures I saw of the renovation but we just stayed in the BC. I thought the blues and textured wall paper were beautiful and very much reminded me of an upscale beach house. I loved the ocean themed carpet in the hallways. I cannot think of anything I didn't like about it and I really expected to dislike all of it.

My DH will be very upset about the removal of the ceiling fan.

I am trying to get authorization to post to the other site so I can ask if we can use the pictures here, but I am in limbo waiting to be approved. I copied off the pictures and descriptions from the person who stayed there, but I won't post them unless I get her permission.

I agree, the rooms look awesome!

But to confirm what has been reported or suspected, the tubs are no longer jetted and the bedroom did not have a ceiling fan.

I got permission to post the pictures from the other forum and I have posted them, along with some comments from the guest who stayed there, on the Yacht & Beach Club FAQ thread:

BCV renovated 1 Bedroom villa, April 2016

What is the best email to use?

Log into your DVC account and use the Contact Us. That is how I contacted them and felt I got a call back from someone who genuinely checked into this to discover what I was talking about and told me that she will definitely communicate my complaints to those that need to know.

I was not thrilled with the pictures I saw of the renovation but we just stayed in the BC. I thought the blues and textured wall paper were beautiful and very much reminded me of an upscale beach house. I loved the ocean themed carpet in the hallways. I cannot think of anything I didn't like about it and I really expected to dislike all of it.

My DH will be very upset about the removal of the ceiling fan.

Well it's good it looks less crappy in person.

Don't get taking out the ceiling fans AT ALL! Everyone in Florida has them. Now everyone will just crank up the A/C. Smart, Disney.

And taking out the jetted tubs is another big downer for a resort.

We checked into BCV today. We had made requests thru TouringPlans and the online checkin and they seem to have been met - we are in a renovated 1 bedroom with a large balcony - RM 245.

This is our first stay at BCV. The resort is much more spread out than we are used too - BLT a and OKW (but we rarely spend time at HH there), but we have mostly found our way around!

The renovation finishes are very nice. We really like them. The colors and patterns are very well coordinated. I am sleeping on the pullout tonight and it is very comfortable (like BLT). We are not sure if they have finished putting the rooms together as our room doesn't have the standard pack n play, high chair, or laundry basket, but we will ask the front test tomorrow about them.

I have no real experience with the 'before' but the bathroom design could really have been better thought out. I have not found one sensible choice for how those rooms are architected for a family of 4. We found the bathroom at all star sports more functional than this! Here is our day 1 gripes list that we plan to share with MS....all about the bathroom!

- there are too many large doors. While they are pretty - they get in the way and are banging into things
- the shower is poorly designed - the water sprays out when the door is opened (and the nosel angle is fixed, so it cannot be adjusted). Also - the clear glass means there is no privacy from those trying to use the toilet. Atleast at ASSports there was a shower curtain if my daughter needed to pee while DH was in the shower!
- not enough towel hooks - reminds me of BLT when it first opened....need more - and why put the towels in the toilet room instead of the shower or tub room?
- in the toilet room - the toilet paper is in a very awkward place. Barely reachable such that when sitting one must reach far to the left, behind them AND down to reach the TP. My daughter just stands up and drips her way over the get it on foot - it's crazy - especially since it seems it could have easily gone on the other wall at a normal height/reach?
- the tub seems like it would be much better with bubbles...,
- if we include the master closet in this area - there is a lot of wasted space because of the door - should have been a pocket / slider / bifold door.

I have taken photos but won't be uploading them - but if someone wants a copy to post here - send me a PM with an email and I will share.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter