• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pictures of new BCV rooms

I am heading to Beach Club next week. Does anyone know if any of the new rooms are ready for guests? I would LOVE to stay in one!

I like the look even though it is more generic. I do find it interesting that they replaced the kitchen appliances and bathtub at BCV, but not the renovated rooms at BWV. I wonder why?

Apparently Disney theme simply means bright colors to a lot of people. Because that is the only thing about the old room that seems Disney to me. It was not Beach themed. If I am paying the amount of $$$ Disney charges for deluxe resorts I don't want it to be over "themed" like AoA. Soft colors that mimic sand and sea, fabric and pictures that overtly have seashells, etc. on them, even the banquet fabric is wave patterned. How is that not beach themed?!? I love the new rooms.

Totally agree and the tile in the shower looks like sand. The carpet resembles coral. I think these new rooms look more like the beach than every before. The artwork is definitely more upscale.

I have not liked the overall feeling of most of the new resort changes.
But, I like the overall feeling of the Beach Club pictures.

I would still expect a Wilderness and an African lodge to have more texture and pattern, and I would expect the Boardwalk to feel more 1920's

I immediately recognized the bedroom carpet as "sand" and there is a nice overall mix of blue and sand tones like ... a beach!

b_800_600_0_10_images_stories_bcv_2b_BCV_T001.JPG

What about the old decor said beach theme to you? To me there is more theming in the new decor. Carpet, lamps, artwork, pillows, shower tile, bed scarf.

All I see in the old decor is some artwork and one lamp. There is nothing about an orange plaid couch that says beach to me; we must be visiting very different beaches.

Growing up in Florida, beach equals color to me, not some washed out palette.

Anybody can paint a room white.

The more I see this photo as compared to the new design, the more I like the new design. This decor is really bad and not beachy to me at all. Look at that bad print above the couch.

That photo of the old room focuses on the couch. You can't even see the pretty headboard of the bed in the photo. I'm not saying it was the best designed room ever, but it did have pretty, summery touches that the new room lacks. The theming isn't all about beach- several comments on the new rooms say, "well, in upscale New England beach resorts, it looks like this...". That isn't about the beach, because upscale resorts and hotels everywhere look like that. Except Disney, which used to be unique and now is trying to fit in with the generics as quickly as possible.

Part of the theming is Disney, which is a family resort and should appeal to kids and the kids at heart. The Disney theme is colorful, detailed & whimsical. These rooms just aren't. The new solid, light-colored couch isn't going to look so tasteful once it sports the inevitable stains from guests' kids spilling things on it. That's probably why the old couch was plaid.

Last edited:
All the redesigns are blah, blah, blah. Not fun, not innovative, not magical. And those light colors look dirty fast. Rooms will look beat to heck after a few months.

I like the look even though it is more generic. I do find it interesting that they replaced the kitchen appliances and bathtub at BCV, but not the renovated rooms at BWV. I wonder why?

Possibly because BWV had a full rehab around 2009/2010 so less funds in the reserve. I don't think BCV ever had a full rehab before.

Part of the theming is Disney, which is a family resort and should appeal to kids and the kids at heart. The Disney theme is colorful, detailed & whimsical. These rooms just aren't. The new solid, light-colored couch isn't going to look so tasteful once it sports the inevitable stains from guests' kids spilling things on it. That's probably why the old couch was plaid.

Disney deluxe hotel rooms were never intended to be "whimsical." The problem with resorts like Beach Club and Boardwalk was that prior to this refurb, they had become monuments (or museums) showcasing 1990s sensibility in hotel room decor. Those mismatched colors and ridiculous prints weren't an example of Disney Imagineering at it's finest...they were exactly what the rest of the hotel industry was doing two decades ago.

As the room designs fell more and more out of touch with the rest of the hospitality industry, we kidded ourselves into thinking that it was intentional...that the rooms looked looked dated because Disney is different and that's how they're "supposed" to look. In reality, it was just a case of Disney being painfully slow to refurbish.

Consider the lobbies of the Beach Club and BoardWalk. There's nothing whimsical about them...they are elegant and sophisticated, as one expects in a "deluxe" hotel.

Disney's room rates start at $450+ for a Beach Club Studio and exceed $1600 for a Two Bedroom Villa. Those are shameful prices for outdated rooms that look like something you'd expect in a $39 per night Motel Six.

As for the light colored furniture, VGF has had light upholstery since it opened 3 years ago and I haven't seen any widespread complaints. Fabrics are a lot more stain resistant today than they were in the 90s.

Disney deluxe hotel rooms were never intended to be "whimsical." The problem with resorts like Beach Club and Boardwalk was that prior to this refurb, they had become monuments (or museums) showcasing 1990s sensibility in hotel room decor. Those mismatched colors and ridiculous prints weren't an example of Disney Imagineering at it's finest...they were exactly what the rest of the hotel industry was doing two decades ago.

As the room designs fell more and more out of touch with the rest of the hospitality industry, we kidded ourselves into thinking that it was intentional...that the rooms looked looked dated because Disney is different and that's how they're "supposed" to look. In reality, it was just a case of Disney being painfully slow to refurbish.

Consider the lobbies of the Beach Club and BoardWalk. There's nothing whimsical about them...they are elegant and sophisticated, as one expects in a "deluxe" hotel.

Disney's room rates start at $450+ for a Beach Club Studio and exceed $1600 for a Two Bedroom Villa. Those are shameful prices for outdated rooms that look like something you'd expect in a $39 per night Motel Six.

As for the light colored furniture, VGF has had light upholstery since it opened 3 years ago and I haven't seen any widespread complaints. Fabrics are a lot more stain resistant today than they were in the 90s.
The lobbies are lush and colorful.

Not dull and bland and BLAH.

entry.jpg

None of the rooms are white except for the trim? To me the beach is the color of sand, the sky and the water. All that is present in the new rooms.
Nothing remotely memorable or fun in these rooms. The are neutral garbage.

Because my tastes in living quarters are different than my tastes in theme parks. There is a reason the values have over the top theming.
Colorful and imaginative design are the Disney standard. Not generic nothingness you can get at any chain hotel.

Colorful and imaginative design are the Disney standard. Not generic nothingness you can get at any chain hotel.

I take it that you will be one of those happy to stay in an old room until there are no more - thanks for that!!

I hope more start avoiding the resort if you cannot get the old rooms! I want to be able to get in at 7mo more often!!

I love these rooms - they are perfect for my beach loving expectations!

While I never cared for any of the previous decors at the BCV we had plenty of fun and made a ton of memories. I would hate to think decor dictates my fun and memories while on vacation regardless of decor.

Absolutely!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter