• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Picture Walls?

maranara

Mouseketeer
Hi! We're watching the Disney Christmas Parade and getting super excited for our trip next month. They keep showing families taking pictures in front of the various picture walls - purple wall, toothpaste wall, etc. - and my daughter is excited to take pictures in front of them. She's also very concerned if we'll be able to find them. Are they easy to locate? Maybe on a map? ;) Thanks so much!

The wall locations aren't listed on a map. However, the purple wall is located by Tomorrowland Terrace at Magic Kingdom and the bubblegum wall in Epcot is located at the exit of Spaceship Earth.
Here is a Disney article about where to find all the walls: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...isney-parks-super-fans-deem-instagram-worthy/
Thanks! That's really helpful! The producers of the parade clearly found their target audience in my daughter who is very excited to find them all! :)

I'm not sure if it makes the list as a "picture wall", but I love the mosaic tile walls on the outside of The Land pavilion building at epcot. You walk right past them as you walk up to the entrance of the building.

They're not in the link above, but the popsicle wall and the checkerboard wall are outside after you exit Toy Story Mania. Also, I had some difficulty locating the You Are Most Beautiful wall, it's kinda tucked away. Also, I suspect some of the mosaics at the Riveria are going to become instagram walls, they're beautiful. But they're not hyped up yet.

I thought of 2 more. One might be changed by the time you get there, but right now there is a beautiful wall at AK that is themed to the Merry Menagerie animal puppets. It's on the path to Pandora (just past Pizzafari, wall will be on your left side). It was Lion King themed over the summer.
At the Tangled restroom at MK in Fantasyland, right when you walk into the ladies restroom on the wall to your left is pretty painted purple and yellow flowers. Very Tangled-looking. It actually is a great photo spot!

I was expecting some great murals - they are just plain walls? (Well, except for the Harambe market ones and the Pandora one) How would you even know you were in Disney?

Disney fans know what they are, the general public, not so much.
You will know when you are close, as there is often a line of people waiting to take their photo with the walls. Sometimes, I've seen a Disney photographer by the walls.

I was expecting some great murals - they are just plain walls? (Well, except for the Harambe market ones and the Pandora one) How would you even know you were in Disney?
Yeah, that's why I didn't understand the appeal of most of these photo walls either. I thought it was just me being "too old" to get it, but my DD has no interest in those plain walls either. lol.

I guess it's just some instagram thing then? I'm looking back on pages of photos from our Disney trips, and the scenery is what makes them special, along with the kids of course ;) and the characters, etc. The only photos I have of blankish walls are from the quiz I made up one year, to have people guess where we were in the parks each day. I took a shot in the Soarin' queue with just a segment of the color scheme, part of the mine, mine, mine seagulls (but no seagulls visible) and so on. I had two friends who were able to guess pretty much every spot by the obscure photo.

I guess it's just some instagram thing then? I'm looking back on pages of photos from our Disney trips, and the scenery is what makes them special, along with the kids of course ;) and the characters, etc. The only photos I have of blankish walls are from the quiz I made up one year, to have people guess where we were in the parks each day. I took a shot in the Soarin' queue with just a segment of the color scheme, part of the mine, mine, mine seagulls (but no seagulls visible) and so on. I had two friends who were able to guess pretty much every spot by the obscure photo.
It is an Instagram thing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter