Pics of the Magic Kingdom.

The country bear jamboree, did you use flash? They turned out so good.

Almost no flash. At Disney you can't use flash indoors for most of the time, or a camcorder light. But it doesn't realy matter, if your subject is lit up almost all cameras will meter off of that. At the CB Jamboree they do let you use flash at the end.

I didn't think you could take flash, but I thought there was a way of taking the pictures so they would still show up. You really take great pictures.

Melrosgirl said:
What kind of camera did you use?

I have a Konica/Minolta Maxxum 7D. The pictures are mosyly at night because I took a point and shoot to the parks during the day when I'd be going on the rides. The P&S took nice pictures, but compared to the 7D they were just okay.

Beautiful pictures. What flash did you use at night to capture the Wishes fireworks. They are just wonderful!!!Thanks for sharing with us.

disfanatiks said:
Beautiful pictures. What flash did you use at night to capture the Wishes fireworks. They are just wonderful!!!Thanks for sharing with us.

I didn't use any flash for Wishes. If I used flash the pics wouldn't have come out. I did use some flash for the MGM pics and Spectro Parade at the MK. Flash doesn't really serve a purpose after a certain distance. I use fill flash a lot during the daytime; at night I use flash out to about about 15 feet. I have a nice (expensive) flash that will work at a longer distance, but you are usually better off without the flash for certain (maybe most) situations at night.

Jim

JimVL said:
I didn't use any flash for Wishes. If I used flash the pics wouldn't have come out. I did use some flash for the MGM pics and Spectro Parade at the MK. Flash doesn't really serve a purpose after a certain distance. I use fill flash a lot during the daytime; at night I use flash out to about about 15 feet. I have a nice (expensive) flash that will work at a longer distance, but you are usually better off without the flash for certain (maybe most) situations at night.

Jim

Thank you for the flash education. I was telling my DH about this. You have actually been very helpful and it makes perfect sense to me. For some reason...I always thought my flash was not long made for a long enough distance, not that I should not be using the flash at all.

One other question...(hope you don't mind). Did you use 1600 ISO for the pictures or was that not necessary? Sorry to be so ignorant about night photography. I have always taken beautiful day shots, however, fall far short at night. Thanks again.

disfanatiks said:
Did you use 1600 ISO for the pictures?

Hi,

For the Osborne Lights, Spectro, and Wishes I used both 800 and 1600. If you use a tripod you can go lower, and get some nice pictures of the fireworks.

Jim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter