• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pickle part III

It does suck. My mom has Alzheimer's - a very fast progressing one and we think she will be put into a nursing home next year as it's getting to be too much for my dad to handle alone and they don't qualify for financial assistance from our government. However, if he divorced her, he's got it made. :thumbsup2 Yeah, really proud of our government at the moment. My father was in tears when they had the audacity to suggest it to him. What is WRONG with some people?! :worried:

It's my MIL in the hospital and she has frontal lobe dementia, with rage tendencies. It's pitiful to watch. We almost lost her twice and the doctors are as shocked as we are that she seems to have turned a corner for the better, but we are still in the dark as to whether she will be released and returned to the nursing home. Good willing... Thanks for the hugs. xo

:hug:

Well, I got an email with a FABULOUS deal and I am happy to announce that our 2014 resort has been booked. My dream resort. Can you say EXCITED?!?!?! EEEEEEEP! ♥

:beach::beach:
Why, the POLY of course! :hyper: <----- Just a wee bit excited. :teeth:

:yay: That's wonderful Tracy!! :cool1:

btw sorry out spelling your name wrong... a friend at work is a Tracey (with an "e") so I tend to get you two mixed up! :upsidedow

Sorry! This Pickle has been busy and dealing with PDD since she got back. Boardwalk Villas was AMAZING!!! Perfect location, espescially during F&W. The kids loved the pool & slide. The Villas pool was beautiful and very relaxing. The best part of that was that it is right by Community Hall, where the kids hung out A LOT! They are supposed to be 12 to be in there alone, but the CM's said that Martina was very Mature, and that I could go sit by the pool while she played :banana: (Plus, Chris is 13, so he may have counted as her "adult" anyway. We were spoiled by all the extra space in the 1 br. It was nice to have the washer/dryer, kitchen, and big tub. We made breakfast almost every morning, and it was so much more relaxing that way (Never thought I would say THAT) All in all, a much more relaxing trip!

I have mixed feelings after using the magic bands. They were nice for charging, room and park entry, etc. I'm not a huge fan of fastpass + though. A big part of why we bought DVC was for more relaxed vacations and not wanting to plan as much out in advance. THis has totally blown that out of the water. And if you have to change one time, you have to change your entire day. Too much work for me. It was nice on our Hollywood studios day...we planned the pool in the morning, and DHS in the afternoon. With traditional fastpass, we wouldn't have been able to ride Toy Story Mania, as all of the fastpasses would be gone. It was nice to be able to plan just the afternoon and evening in the park (as long as you don't have to change anything) Our EPCOT day, we had a fastpass for Test Track at 10, and when we got to the area at 9:30 all the fastpasses for that and Soarin were GONE. I think that is why they are now "tiering" the rides there.

Heather, SO happy you had such a relaxing trip! (and hoping that your next year's dates work out with school). Can't wait to see you Friday!

Pickle peeps.... on friday Sam's HS football team is squaring off against the HS that Chris will be going to next year... it's the playoffs and both teams have been under dogs against their previous opponents. Should be a great time!

It does suck. My mom has Alzheimer's - a very fast progressing one and we think she will be put into a nursing home next year as it's getting to be too much for my dad to handle alone and they don't qualify for financial assistance from our government. However, if he divorced her, he's got it made. :thumbsup2 Yeah, really proud of our government at the moment. My father was in tears when they had the audacity to suggest it to him. What is WRONG with some people?! :worried:

That's just so wrong. :( your poor Dad.

It's my MIL in the hospital and she has frontal lobe dementia, with rage tendencies. It's pitiful to watch. We almost lost her twice and the doctors are as shocked as we are that she seems to have turned a corner for the better, but we are still in the dark as to whether she will be released and returned to the nursing home. Good willing... Thanks for the hugs. xo

Tracy, :hug: So sorry about your MIL and your ongoing issues with your Mom's disease.

My mom's parkinson's has progressed slowly as well over the last year, and most recently. We just had to move her to a memory care assisted living as the regular assisted living could not meet her needs (and it was not safe, as she might wander off). It's so sad to see them this way.

We are staying at BWV next month; I chose it for our December trip because I know we won't be swimming as I hate that clown pool. For our August/September trip, Mark and I will be staying seven nights at AKL/Kidani (May/June on my girls trip we are doing a split stay with AKL and OKW).

Kathy, all those resorts sound wonderful! We loved our stay at Kidani in 2011, and I'm looking forward to returning to OKW one of these trips. We stayed there before the refurb. The slide is so much fun!

:yay: That's wonderful Tracy!! :cool1:

btw sorry out spelling your name wrong... a friend at work is a Tracey (with an "e") so I tend to get you two mixed up! :upsidedow

No worries. My last name gets spelled wrong 100% of the time as well, unless you know me. Sorry if that sounded picky. It's been a rough month and super sensitive for various reasons.

Tracy, :hug: So sorry about your MIL and your ongoing issues with your Mom's disease.

My mom's parkinson's has progressed slowly as well over the last year, and most recently. We just had to move her to a memory care assisted living as the regular assisted living could not meet her needs (and it was not safe, as she might wander off). It's so sad to see them this way.

It is sad and very hard on loved ones for sure. I think it's one of the meanest diseases ever. Keeping them safe (and happy, in our case) is priority. My father was mortified and I was ready to go nuts on them. Took him a bit to calm me down. Who says something like that to someone suffering and in pain and desperate for help?!?! Grrrr, I'm getting all worked up about it again! Not to wish time away, but I really would like to see the next nine months fly by. I need my happy place stat! If it's not Mickey, it's the Dominican. :lovestruc:lovestruc

I just wanted to stop by and wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.

We leave Tuesday for Disney...cannot wait. So far they are calling for wonderful temperatures in the mid to high 70's.

Our girls trip has been booked -- May 29 to June 6, and Mark and I will be going September 19 - 26 (and then Marco September 26 - October 5).

We leave Tuesday for Disney...cannot wait. So far they are calling for wonderful temperatures in the mid to high 70's.

Our girls trip has been booked -- May 29 to June 6, and Mark and I will be going September 19 - 26 (and then Marco September 26 - October 5).

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!
Have fun on your trip!!!

I just booked my return trip to BWV for next year!!!:cool1: We are taking Brian's Mom, so getting a 2 Br. She LOVES Halloween, so hoping to do the Halloween party, as well as celebrate her B-day on Nov 1:flower3:pixiedust:

Kathy, hoping the KatMark Clan had a wonderful thanksgiving! (and that goes for all the pickles)

I am very much looking forward to meeting up with you and Mark again, and of course meeting Mary and the girls (which I have read about in your PTRs/TRs).:cool1:

Congrats on lining up your vacations plans. :thumbsup2 And as I am sure you are aware, there is a room only BB waitng for us to pounce on. :goodvibes

Safe travels to you! :flower3: See you soon my pickle peep!! :upsidedow

Enjoy your trips, Janet and Kathy! Woohoo!!! :)

Hi Tracy!! Thanks, I will be sure to snap a pix and post it on the thread.

Wishing the rest of the pickle fam could be there as well. :hug:

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!
Have fun on your trip!!!

I just booked my return trip to BWV for next year!!!:cool1: We are taking Brian's Mom, so getting a 2 Br. She LOVES Halloween, so hoping to do the Halloween party, as well as celebrate her B-day on Nov 1:flower3:pixiedust:

:yay: Heather, SO happy you got your 2 BR!!

I will go home tonight and if I'm not too exhausted, I'll find my Pickle Picture and post it here tonight.

Unfortunately, I lost some pictures on my phone and this was the only one on my camera. I'm hoping Janet might have another one:

Hi Pickles!!

My lastest trip included Rosie (she is fairly well known, especially for her pole dancing.. more later. LOL)... friend Marie (meet on another thread) and her BFF Dawn. We all had a wonderful time, getting to know one another better!! We all came back tired but also with our heads filled with great memories. :goodvibes

Here is my pickle pix with Kathy and Mark. :) Kathy, It was great being able to meet up with you, and Mark, even briefly! Sorry that you guys could not join us for Piano Bob, but know that something special came up. :) Next time around! Oh so nice to meet Mary and the gilrs that we have read some much about on your reports, as well as put a face to Lisa and her daughter. :flower3:

Can we always have this great weather at Disney??

Here is Rosie, my roomie, doing what she does best LOL

Although not pickles, the ladies that went with me were so much fun!! Rosie and I ended up at Pop (after a few changes... :upsidedow). It was a great stay as usual. :hippie:

Here are the four of us... hey Kathy, we are channeling Mark with our hat pix!!

Next up... pehaps F&G!! :cool1:

Janet, I love ALL the photos...thank you for sharing (the one with the four of you in the hats is terrific and Mark would be so proud :thumbsup2).

I'm glad we at least got a few minutes together. I'm sorry we missed Piano Bob, but my surprise was so worth it.

Janet, I love ALL the photos...thank you for sharing (the one with the four of you in the hats is terrific and Mark would be so proud :thumbsup2).

I'm glad we at least got a few minutes together. I'm sorry we missed Piano Bob, but my surprise was so worth it.

Kathy, I thankful for the short time, as I know you all were very busy. Funny I really was thinking about Mark when we were up to our mischief in Morroco.:goodvibes

Maybe you can get Mark to put on the belly dancer beads like Rosie.. after all it does go on the head!! :rotfl2:

To ALL of my pickle friends, a very

Merry Christmas Kathy and to all the Pickles!!!

I wanna see the Christmas decorations! Wahhhhhhhh :sad:

Took me forever to find this old thread. If anyone is still around... howdy :wave2:

Howdy! :wave2:

Tracy, hope you have been well. :goodvibes

I'm practically non-existent on the DIS during marching band season with it full schedule of practices, games, competitions and of course chauffeuring. :upsidedow And I volunteer for too much stuff. :)

It's been a great season so far. We finish up at MetLife Stadium in NJ this Saturday night.

Miss you all!
Janet

P.S. hope you get your wish to see the Christmas lights Tracy!

Oh hey. Nice to see you, Janet. :) Sounds like a life that would do me in. No energy or strength for that. Glad to hear it's coming to an end, although I am sure something else will take its place, knowing you. LOL!

No, I won't be seeing the Christmas lights but I will still dream about it.

Have a great day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter