• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Picking up room key cards??

I Luv Disney Cruise

DIS Veteran & DVC Owner
For Disney Cruise…. Once we arrive at port and our boarding number is called when and where do we received our room key cards and landyards?

I’ve heard the lanyards are in room on bed and the room cards would be on our fish outside our room?

If that is the case how to we check in and go through the gangway to get on the ship?

Also couldn’t anyone just grab it and go in our room before we get there?

Last edited:
I don't know the answer to most of them, but...

MANY lines have the key cards at the door when you get there. I'm trying to remember how we scanned on when I was on Celebrity Edge - but I know the key card was at the door. Of course we could go directly there to get that and drop off carry-ons...

As for someone else taking it - there's really no reason anyone would. Your picture is already linked to the card and will show whenever your room number is keyed in for a purchase, so it would be obvious they are not you. And also where are they going to go? They're on the ship. In the unlikely event that happens, go directly to guest services and they can deactivate the other card(s) and give you new ones.

You are correct the lanyard will be on the bed and the keys are in a sealed envelope outside. As far as getting onto the ship - you will use the same QR code that you used for access to the testing and entry into the terminal.

I agree with the other poster - not sure what that would gain someone. Access into an empty room? I will admit that I did want to check out the royal suites but that just seemed wrong...

Last edited:

Thank you for the responses. I guess I was worried about the in room gifts that are to on bed. I’m so excited I can’t wait to cruise!

Thank you for the responses. I guess I was worried about the in room gifts that are to on bed. I’m so excited I can’t wait to cruise!
I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but you cannot tell from outside the door if someone has purchased gifts or Castaway Club gifts. So, someone looking to take them would have to go down the row of staterooms opening each one. With so many other guests and the stateroom hosts in the hall at this time, it would look really obvious.

Why take the chance? The corridors are under heavy video surveillance, and you're not going to get off the ship until a few days later, which will leave plenty of time for the owners to notice some of their belongings has gone missing.

If all the KTTW cards are in a sealed envelope and your envelope is torn open or missing, then I would seek the cabin attendant. Chances are no one is going to enter your room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter