Picking up an arriving passenger at Buffalo Airport?

TimNDansMom

DIS Veteran
Dh will be picking me up when I arrive back at Buffalo Airport and we were discussing where the best place for him to meet me would be. I will be arriving at 5:15pm and will probably have to wait for Dh to get there.

Has anyone picked up a passenger there? Would it be easier for him to park in the short term parking lot and meet me inside the terminal? I've only been there once before and I can't remember what the Arrival/Departure roadway area is like.

Oh I've done this several times!!
When we come up to Toronto for the summer, DH flies back and forth and I get to pick him up at BUF airport.
The best way is to park in short term parking (the covered garage) and go in.

If he gets there before your flight arrives, I would suggest he go upstairs and wait for you at the departures level right near where you clear security when you depart. There are a few benches along the wall, and this would be a good place. This is where you will arrive from your flight before taking the escalator down to baggage (he can be with you to get your luggage as it is a public area)

If you get there before him, I would suggest you wait downstairs at baggage claim area. This is the level that he will be on when he parks the car. This way you don't have to wait outside where all the exhaust and cars/buses are coming through. The best place to meet here would be the information booth area in the middle. This area is not very busy, (it's a typical baggage claim area) so he shouldn't have any problems finding you.

If you think he'll be a while - There is a Burger King in the departures area (where the benches are upstairs) and across the hall another restaurant (sorry I cannot remember the name) in which you could also wait for him and have a drink.

If I remember parking isn't very expensive - a couple of dollars at the most (not like Toronto :D )
Also, don't forget you'll have to pay a toll (I think 50 cents) when driving back to the boarder from the airport. So, keep a few US coins if you can!
Buffalo airport is super easy and not very big so he shouldn't have any problems.

Have fun!

Thank you for all the details, Yzma and Kronk! :) I knew someone here could help me! That's terrific that you've given me info for every scenario when I arrive at Buffalo Airport. I did read that parking is free at any parking lot for up to 30 minutes and I think $2.50 per hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter