Pick up TDR package documents at the hotel?

mikelan6

World Traveler, Usually Optimistic
We have a TDR package booked that requires us to pick up our documents (park tickets, etc) at the TDR Welcome Center next to Ikspiari. This is very inconvenient as we are arriving in the afternoon and only have a limited amount of time at the resort. Has anyone successfully been able to pick up their documents at the hotel itself? If so, how did you do this? Thanks.

You need to pick it up where they tell you to pick it up because that's where the kit is going to be made up & waiting for you. Domestic packages get them sent home & overseas packages pick them up. They're not printed on demand.

You need to pick it up where they tell you to pick it up because that's where the kit is going to be made up & waiting for you. Domestic packages get them sent home & overseas packages pick them up. They're not printed on demand.

Thanks MK ... You'd think that for the amount of money they are charging, they could send someone over to the hotels to drop the documents of as a courtesy to guests.

We arrived via private transfer. You might consider doing as we did. Go to your hotel first. Drop off luggage, if it's too early to check in. The front desk can give you a temporary pass for the monorail and you can go pick up your package then head directly from the Welcome Center to the park.

We arrived via private transfer. You might consider doing as we did. Go to your hotel first. Drop off luggage, if it's too early to check in. The front desk can give you a temporary pass for the monorail and you can go pick up your package then head directly from the Welcome Center to the park.

Thanks @sippican The problem is that we arrive late in the afternoon ... assuming the plane is on time.

You actually pick up the vacation package kit from the ticket center at Ikspiari. You can check into your hotel at the welcome center at Maihama Station. Depending on which hotel you are staying, you may be able to get the luggage delivered to the hotel for free and can visit the park right after you check in at the welcome center. This is what I was instructed to do over a phone inquiry.

You actually pick up the vacation package kit from the ticket center at Ikspiari. You can check into your hotel at the welcome center at Maihama Station. Depending on which hotel you are staying, you may be able to get the luggage delivered to the hotel for free and can visit the park right after you check in at the welcome center. This is what I was instructed to do over a phone inquiry.

Yes, there is a welcome center next to the station, and the vacation package is at Ikspiari (sorry for the confusion). You would need to visit both locations as the welcome center will not have the tickets from the package and they do a pre-check in for the hotel as well as luggage delivery. I believe the welcome center closes at 5:00 pm. It seemed easier to us to just drop off the luggage at the hotel and check in there.

Ok, I thought I understood this process now I'm confused again. If my husband and I are going to be taking a car service from Shinjuku really early our first morning... where do we go to get our Vacation Package? I don't want to deal with the early morning train craziness (with two large suitcases). So if we get dropped off at the Maihama welcome station our park tickets will not be there? We have to also go to Ikspiari to get park of the package? Would they prefer that we just bring our suitcases to the Maihama center for them to move to the Mira Costa? And then we monorail to get the rest of the package in Ikspiari then monorail to the park itself? Am I even making sense now?

Ok, I thought I understood this process now I'm confused again. If my husband and I are going to be taking a car service from Shinjuku really early our first morning... where do we go to get our Vacation Package? I don't want to deal with the early morning train craziness (with two large suitcases). So if we get dropped off at the Maihama welcome station our park tickets will not be there? We have to also go to Ikspiari to get park of the package? Would they prefer that we just bring our suitcases to the Maihama center for them to move to the Mira Costa? And then we monorail to get the rest of the package in Ikspiari then monorail to the park itself? Am I even making sense now?
The confirmation email emphasizes that the vacation package kit is to be picked up from the Ticket Center. I had to add days to my package ticket, so I was instructed to pick up the package kit from Ikspiari then go to the hotel or welcome center to check in and upgrade my tickets. Since I will be arriving after 5 pm, I will go directly to the hotel after picking up my package kit from the Ticket Center. I think it’s a good plan for you to check in first at the Welcome Center then go to the Ticket Center for your package kit.

The issue we had with a private transfer is that there is no place for a car to drop you off that would not involve a bit of a walk. (Really not far at all.) Which is ok if you don't mind schlepping your baggage (which is what we were trying to avoid in the first place.) You'd need to get off at the main bus/taxi drop off (the train is actually closer). For that reason, our car service recommended that we go directly to the hotel, leave our luggage there, and then go to the ticket center. Our luggage was unloaded by the staff at MiraCosta and placed in checked baggage, we went to the desk and got our temporary pass for the monorail. And yes, your Vacation Package will be at Ikspiari, not the Welcome Center. When we pre-registered at MC, we were given a choice to come back at 3:00 in person to complete check-in and be assigned a room for immediate access, or complete check-in early, and not have access to a room until after 4:00 pm. Either way wil work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!