Pick two of your dream resorts!

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi all! We are pretty certain we would like to try to different WDW resorts. We have stayed at CBR and CSR. I would like to stay at POR only to bang off all moderates. But my dream resort is the Beach Club! I would like to stay at a monorail resort too. What two resorts would you stay at? S

Hi Sandra, we've never stayed on site but anywhere on site would be great. As for "dream resort" I'd have to say Grand floridian (in a suite of course), or the contemporary. Those are the only 2 Ive seen the inside of. Im hoping on our next trip to do a little more resort hopping to really get a feel for them. I think AKL sound fun too, if you had the savannah view.
Karen

One dream resort is AKL -- we walked around it when we were done last September and both of us really would like to stay there. I think maybe I'd also like to stay at the Beach Club too. Over the years I've stayed at CBR (my favourite), AllSSp, Poly, GF and one night at the Beach Club which was really nice. We actually got the night free at the BC because when we arrived at CBR to check in one of the airlines had gone on strike or had gone bankrupt (?) and people hadn't been able to leave. They offered us a room at the BC, which had just opened, for the night so we took it. We thought we'd be charged for the rate that we were paying at CBR but they didn't charge us at all and sent a fruit basket to our room at the CBR the next day for our inconvience. This was years ago but I'd like to go back to stay at the BC for more than one night esp for the SAB which wasn't quite ready when we stayed there.

Cdnmickeylover

I'd love to stay at one of the suites at the BC ... but I don't know if that will ever happen :rolleyes: I'd settle for a savanah view room at AK ...

I'm with you Bunnyfoo, I would go with AKL and either the YC or BC!!! For the moderates I want to do POFQ and CB and I want to do ASMOVIES-we've been to the other two.

Grover in Winnipeg
:) :cool: :) :cool: :) :cool: :)

I think my second choice would be WL- or the cabins, I really like the GF grounds & the monorail access but when I saw the GF rooms on the Travel Channel, it didn't really do it for me ( but things may look better in real life) I think I'd like to also try the BC too. Or even better the "apartment" in Cinderella's Castle ;)

Cinderella's Castle would be very cool, MaMudduck! ;) :)

I'd like to stay at AKL, and maybe this fall I'll get a chance too! I would LOVE to stay in a DVC one-bedroom villa, any DVC one-bedroom villa! :)

So far we've stayed at:

Caribbean Beach Resort
Coronado Springs
Port Orleans - Riverside (4x)
Wilderness Lodge
The Polynesian
Treehouse
Beach Club
The Swan

Looks like I'm going to have to take a few more trips before I've stayed at all the resorts! Oh, the hardship...;) :)

We fell in love with WL and I think the first vacation without the kids we will stay there.My second choice would probably be AKL.One day..........

I'd love to stay at the Grand Floridian and having already stayed at AKL, which was wonderful, I'd have to go "eeny meeny miny mo" between Wilderness Lodge and the Poly.

Any monorail or Epcot walk-in resort (love the BC).

(sorry for the test post, I've been having a terrible time logging onto these boards, very frustrating, almost ready to chuck it)

I think we will rent DVC points for BC but I am really scared. Trusting a stranger! OOOOOHHHH! S

Ok Lisas are Wilderness Cabins and Preferred view at BWV Lisa also like AKL
Mine would be Poly and CSR ok one more the Villa or tree house at the Disney Institute
We have done CSR but I loved the place not to fussy on Dixie (POR now as it is called)

Mine would be BCV, DH wants to try WL. We have done AKL and it was great and for some reason the grand floridian just doesn't do it for me.

We've been lucky enough to stay at the AKL and Poly. We've also stayed at the CBR, and will be at POR in May. I think once you've stayed at a deluxe, it will be hard to 'scale down' to a moderate.

I would definitely be happy to go back to the AKL and the Poly. I don't know why, but BC and YC have less appeal -- I think because they felt more 'establishment' to me. I have little interest in the GF for the same reason (that probably sounds weird, and I'm sure I'd "cope" if someone gave it to me). Being from Alberta, the WL feels like going to Banff or Jasper, and I can do that for a lot less ;)

A little off the resorts, but my dream room would be the Walt or Roy Disney suite on the Magic for two weeks!

We've stayed in ASMu, CBR, Dixie Landings (POR), and WL (and liked each of them for different reasons). I would love to stay at the Poly or the BC. Have to agree with hockeymom about the GF. I really don't have any desire to stay there. DH wants to stay at AKL. What are the chances of winning LOTO 649 tonight? LOL!

I ask myself that same question, Nancy! Every Wednesday and Saturday night, week after week, year after year....;) :)

but if I really would have to pick it would be the Polynesian and the Contempory. I've wanted to stay on the Monorail line.

Scratch
:smooth:

We have been fortunate enough to stay at; Sports, Movies, Coronado Springs and AKL. Least favourite was CSR. We would go back to AKL in a heartbeat (wouldn't have to be Savannah view either, any room would do) and having toured the monorail properties last time, we would love to stay at the Poly. Grand Floridian was gorgeous but just "didn't do it" for us.

#1 - AKL
#2 - Poly.

Since we're dreaming.... I would have to say AKL for me too...or WL....but I must be the ultimate cheapskate because I keep going back to the AS's....four times in a row now...what's up with that!!!!! I'am just never at my resort...I literally just sleep there and I have a really hard time justifiying the extra cash spent I guess...maybe one of these days I'll take a more laid back approach...you know actually stop and smell the flowers....who am I kidding it'll never happen!!!!!:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter