• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pick one: afterhours epcot ticket or dessert party/fireworks ticket

I would pick the afterhours ticket. I can watch the fireworks along Main Street, even though I won't have a chair and table.
For similar money, I'd rather spend several hours at a less crowded park.

Out of the 2, fireworks party. I would do After Hours for HS or MK but not Epcot. You can get whatever rides you want done during a regular day at Epcot. The dessert party would save you for Hub camping and not be elbow to elbow in the mass of people waiting for fireworks. If it’s a free choice, would do California Grill and watch fireworks after dinner.

Last edited:
I like the fireworks party for the desserts and viewing location but it's not something I could see doing more than once every 5-10 years. Our last party was in 2018 and we've not done one since. We are just not huge fireworks people. However, we are big ride/attraction people and for that, we would prefer a disney AH over preferred fireworks viewing and some desserts/drinks. Epcot AH are also on my radar too for our trip in August and I'm still on the fence since it's just not that many rides, there's 10 attractions in the lineup, 5 of which we'd have likely little to no interest doing again and again so it leaves us 5 attractions, I'm still not sure if it's a good use of our money. We could ride all of those rides during our regular park visit without much of an issue.

If you end up doing it, save GoG for your last ride of the night as this will take the longest to get through, some people have said 45 min and others have said it was an hour. I think it has to do with if they have both sides of the ride running or not. Just don't do it early on as it will be a big time suck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter