Pick Me a Disney Springs Restaurant

Maybe you had a bad night, maybe the chef there stinks, who knows!

But normally his food is amazing, and it's definitely traditional Mexican, not Tex-Mex (which I love also). :)

Having eaten at Frontera Cocina at DS many times, for lunch and dinner and the walkup window as well (which offers a couple of different types of tacos like beef barbacoa), I entirely agree with Farro's post. :thumbsup2 Mexican food is one of my absolute favorites with that love first starting when I lived in New Mexico for a short time. I love authentic and I love Tex-Mex, love 'em all as long as it's good. And I've tried almost everything on the menu.

I don't know of a restaurant that can't have an "off" night for whatever reason(s): staff changes, shortage, chef switch, etc., but I will tell you this.....if I'm eating at a dining establishment that is not cheap, and my food is not at least really close to satisfactory, I will sweetly ask them to either get me something different or a re-do. Any restaurant worth its salt will ALWAYS bend over backward to please a guest.

Well, isn’t that disappointing to hear... I’ll give them a bit, maybe they’ll work out the kinks. Wine Bar George’s skirt steak is tender and flavorful in comparison, so we will stick with it instead.
This is good to hear. We'll eat T-Day dinner at Wine Bar George and also have a late night ressie there for NYE. Will stick with the latter reservation unless Jaleo opens by then.

Morimoto is our fav restaurant in Disney Springs- service and food has been excellent every single time we've gone!! We tried Homecoming earlier this month and were a little disappointed. I read so many amazing reviews and it just didn't live up to the hype. The food was OK but I don't think we'll go back any time soon.

D-luxe Burger is awesome for quick service- the burgers and fries are great.

Rick Bayless is an expert in Mexican cuisine. He has studied and traveled and lived this cuisine. He is a legend here in Chicago. His restaurants are top notch. I can't speak to the one in Disney Springs, but if his name is associated with it, it will be good.

Don't come find me if I'm wrong... :)

the place i eat at in my area is a first generation family. their food is just plain good and true. i looked at this menu. looks good but deff doesn't look authentic mexican.

Thank you for such a detailed reply. I'm leaning toward Boathouse. It looks like a really nice environment.

I had not heard anything about it - it looks cool. My DH and I are both engineers so it looks like the atmosphere would appeal to us too.

Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone!
It really was cool and the food was good. There was a guy named Rory who was dressed in period clothing and he sat at our table with science experiments to do with the kids. It was very entertaining and they loved playing with his magnets. I got some great photos with him too. One other thing, is a photographer took a photo of our whole table and gave us a complimentary photo. We had a great dinner and would go again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter