• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pick A Pearl

dominiondad

Mouseketeer
Does anybody know if Pick a Pearl has reopened in Epcot. We will be there next week and my daughters are hoping it's back up. Thanks

We were there May 27 and it was closed and did not look like it was opening anytime soon. We noticed in Epcot a lack of natives working in each country. So that might be the problem opening pick a pearl.

That's a shame. It's such a unique thing, especially for young kids who might be getting bored of the walk around World Showcase. My 2 young nieces loved it when we did it a few years ago.

Hopefully foreign travel will open up more and allow the international CMs to return, but I’m sure it will be a gradual process.

I doesn’t even look like they have the jewelry cases set up in that area anymore, the inside of the store in Japan is a hot mess and not anything exciting like it once was. They do still have it universal studios Orlando if you are going there too on your trip.

I doesn’t even look like they have the jewelry cases set up in that area anymore, the inside of the store in Japan is a hot mess and not anything exciting like it once was. They do still have it universal studios Orlando if you are going there too on your trip.
Thank you. What a disappointment. It’s something my son has always wanted to do.

I loved pick a pearl in Japan. It was my souvenir on every trip I took. A few months ago, I visited Epcot and was so disappointed in the new design of the Japan store. It used to be such an amazing store, and now it is just a shell of what it used to be. The pearl area is completely gone as of the last time I visited, and the amount of unique souvenirs has decreased as well. I know everything changed with Covid, but it makes me really sad because that was one of my favorite places to visit in WDW.

I loved pick a pearl in Japan. It was my souvenir on every trip I took. A few months ago, I visited Epcot and was so disappointed in the new design of the Japan store. It used to be such an amazing store, and now it is just a shell of what it used to be. The pearl area is completely gone as of the last time I visited, and the amount of unique souvenirs has decreased as well. I know everything changed with Covid, but it makes me really sad because that was one of my favorite places to visit in WDW.
I’m hoping that as international travel resumes and more Cultural Representatives return, all the WS stores will start looking more like they did “before.” Didn’t Japan maintain travel restrictions longer than some other countries?

I’m hoping that as international travel resumes and more Cultural Representatives return, all the WS stores will start looking more like they did “before.” Didn’t Japan maintain travel restrictions longer than some other countries?
It's possible they did so maybe you are right. I sure hope so anyways! Mama needs a new necklace! LOL

We went for a week early September and the pick a pearl was not open. it looked like it is not coming back soon- but who knows…
A portion of the store was sectioned off, like it was being remodeled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter