Pick a Pearl in Epcot

In terms of timing, it can really vary depending on how crowded it is. The first time we did it, we walked right up and there was no wait. The next time, we put our name on a list and got a number (like at the deli counter), and it took about 45 minutes before they were ready for us.

In terms of timing, it can really vary depending on how crowded it is. The first time we did it, we walked right up and there was no wait. The next time, we put our name on a list and got a number (like at the deli counter), and it took about 45 minutes before they were ready for us.

We go up and ask for an estimated wait time first. I know the one time we walked away and returned later - not a big deal. I mean at Food & Wine festival, I'm perfectly OK with another excuse to make an extra lap around the world showcase.

You can buy a "cage" from ebay for $2-5, and you can bring a chain you already have; thus, your investment will be quite low ... so if she wants something different once you're home (or if the size of your pearl suggests a specific type of setting), no big deal ... no real money lost.

Here's our Pick a Pearl experience from just a week and a half ago!

We did pick-a-pearl a few years ago. It was an odd experience. A family had camped out right in the pearl opening area. They were not willing to give an inch for the person who's pearl was being opened. It was really odd. When our turn came, my adult daughters and I just sorta kept moving sideways until the kids were off to the side. The mom wasn't pleased. Just don't get it.

We did pick-a-pearl a few years ago. It was an odd experience. A family had camped out right in the pearl opening area. They were not willing to give an inch for the person who's pearl was being opened. It was really odd. When our turn came, my adult daughters and I just sorta kept moving sideways until the kids were off to the side. The mom wasn't pleased. Just don't get it.

Thats....uhm....Odd... I'd have seen if you could have mentioned something to the CM's there. Who ever is picking the pearl should be front and center for sure.

We did this at the beach club (YC?) There was no line, and the lady that helped my daughter was wonderful. it only took a few minutes, and she had it set in a cinderella carriage cage, with a chain. The CM really made it special though.

We did it a two years ago with our grand daughters. We were getting four pearls. The only thing I didn't like was the ceremony was squished for the four girls. Instead of doing each girl separate, each stage was done as a group. In my opinion , not as special for each girl.

We had done it three years ago with our 4 year grandson. He picked the pearl while standing on grandpa's lap (who was sitting in wheelchair) after the whole thing was done, I had a cage thing in my hand, slipped the pearl in and then 4 year old turned to his mom .....Happy Mother's Day. Our trip was the week before Mother's Day.

But for all the extra experience stuff you pay for, this one is worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter