Photos from Remember ... Dreams Come True

what did u set ur camera mode to to get the fireworks looking so good? lol i usually just do no flash on my dig camera but they dont come out like that! lol

fristbytte21 said:
what did u set ur camera mode to to get the fireworks looking so good? lol i usually just do no flash on my dig camera but they dont come out like that! lol

Based on some advice from another discussion board, I set the camera in shutter priority mode. Set a shutter speed of 1/4 of a second and a 100 ISO. Obviously, used a tripod. And then just clicked away throughout the show. We have a Canon PowerShot G2 digital camera. We got about 20 decent shots and about 40 others that are okay. I did have to use Photoshop to remove a head from a distracting location (right in front of the castle entrance).

Thanks for sharing your photos--they're awesome. I was at DL last month and took video (with my digital camera, a Fuji E550) that turned out amazingly well! I had a 512 MB xD card in the camera which allowed me to take about 14 min. of video in the smaller format (it's possible take about 9 min. in larger format, but knew that wouldn't be long enough). 14 min. took me almost to the end of the Tomorrowland segment. I went back the next night and took video from the middle of the show until the end (downloaded first night's video to my laptop to free up the card). I've watched it several times since returning home and even though the size is small (about 2.5" square), it's good enough to relive the magic.

Truely excellent photography. I am interested in the tripod question..do they allow them. Approx where did you set up in the hub?
Are the posted results photoshopped prior to uploading, if not, the G2 gives very nice results.

Have a great day :hourglass

blackjackdelta said:
Truely excellent photography. I am interested in the tripod question..do they allow them. Approx where did you set up in the hub?
Are the posted results photoshopped prior to uploading, if not, the G2 gives very nice results.

Have a great day :hourglass

Thanks. The only photoshopping done was cropping and taking out a person's head that was in the center of the castle opening in almost every shot. Other than that, the rest is what I captured on the camera. We've always been quite pleased with the G2 although it's a little out-of-date now.

I'm seeing a lot of red x's on the DIS boards, at the moment, including your pictures. I hope it clears up soon because I'd love to see your Remember pics.

We just got back from DL but didn't take any fireworks pictures. We also have a Canon G2 and I'm glad that you posted your settings to try next time. We have been hit and miss with fireworks at WDW and since it was our first time to DL, I didn't want to be concentrating on the camera.

I am also interested in the tripod question.

Thanks...4 days to go.

We saw someone using a tripod when we were there in May. He was set up in the center of the top of the hub.

Gosh KMH1, your photos are absolutely awesome :sunny:
While viewing them, I can almost hear the Wishes music soundtract accompany the fireworks. I truly believe that nothing compares to Wishes. Thank you so much for sharing :earsboy:

Glad you and your family had a great vacation :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter