Photos from Remember ... Dreams Come True

KMH1

DIS Veteran
Just finished uploading a few of our photos from Remember ... Dreams Come True. Thought everyone might enjoy them.

32871RememberOpen.jpg

32871RememberAladdin-med.jpg

32871RememberFan.jpg

*This is one of my favorite effects.

32871RememberHaunted.jpg

32871RememberIndy.jpg

32871RememberIndyFire.jpg

32871RememberMainStreet.jpg

32871RememberLaughPlace-med.jpg

*The hitchhiker graphic got stuck on the castle for a substantial portion of the show. It's not meant to be displayed during this portion.

32871RememberWonder2.jpg

32871RememberWonder4.jpg

32871RememberSilFinale.jpg

Fantastic photos! I wish my camera could get those kind of shots.

I imagine you were in the hub when you took them? I never even noticed the hitchkikers before (Now I gotta go back!)

Thank you for sharing - they're really good. :)

Awesome pics. Thanks so much for sharing them. They bring back great memories. Can't wait to go back and see them again.

Thanks for the compliments all.

Mary Jo - Yes, we were in the hub. We staked out a spot the first night of our trip right after watching the Parade of Dreams. It was worth every minute of the hour-and-a-half wait. Because of the glitch, it was hard to miss the hitchhiking ghosts. But, until I reviewed our photos I did not notice the Aladdin (on the right side of the castle on the second picture) and Peter Pan projections displayed during the early parts of the show.

Dirk - Based on some advice from another discussion board, I set the camera in shutter priority mode. Set a shutter speed of 1/4 of a second and a 100 ISO. Obviously, used a tripod. And then just clicked away throughout the show. We have a Canon PowerShot G2 digital camera. We got about 20 decent shots and about 40 others that are okay. I did have to use Photoshop to remove a head from a distracting location (right in front of the castle entrance).

-Kevin

AWESOME pix! Thanks so much for sharing!

We watched the show twice last month and saw different effects on the castle both times. My favorite was during the shooting gallery when the ducks and other targets moved across the castle face and then you hear the gun shots, see a quick burst of light, and then the target laid back...great effect!

Those are gorgeous! Makes me wish I had a digital! I had 800 speed film in my camera for ride photos, so I didn't even attempt to photograph the fireworks. Sigh...I agree with Mary Jo...there was so much going on that I missed some of the stuff projected on the castle.

I wanna go back, lol!!!

Those pictures are fantastic. I missed half of those projections on the castle. I guess I was so happy that DH joined me at Disneyland that I was lovingly staring in his eyes during the show.

I will leave him home next time so that I can see all of the show elements. ;) Who is up for a firework viewing DIS meet?

p.s. I love the pictures of your family in your signature.

Fantastic photos. I'm only going for 2 days this summer, so I probably wouldn't be able to make a meet.

Wonderful pictures! I can't believe now that we didn't wait to see these in the parks :guilty: We just figured that because we could see them so well from our room that we didn't need to stick around and see them there. Shoot! So thanks so much for posting these, they're something else!

At Disneyluvr's request here are a few more:

32871RememberWonder3.jpg

32871RememberWonder.jpg

32871RememberWhiteWorks.jpg

32871RememberRedBursts.jpg

32871RememberPiratesoops.jpg

32871RememberIndyFire2.jpg

32871RememberHaunted2.jpg

32871RemeberPeterPan.jpg

*Notice Peter Pan?​

Again, thanks everyone on the compliments -- especially with regard to the pictures of the family (they are my real favorite photos from the trip). Look for another post soon on the photos I captured when we watched Remember ... from DCA. Got some nice shots with the Golden Gate bridge in the foreground that night.

** And if you can't get enough here's a link Visions Fantastic to a great site with some more great Remember ... photos. I found it right before our trip.

--Kevin

KMH1 said:
Dirk - Based on some advice from another discussion board, I set the camera in shutter priority mode. Set a shutter speed of 1/4 of a second and a 100 ISO. Obviously, used a tripod. And then just clicked away throughout the show. We have a Canon PowerShot G2 digital camera. We got about 20 decent shots and about 40 others that are okay. I did have to use Photoshop to remove a head from a distracting location (right in front of the castle entrance).

-Kevin

Thanks for the info. I have a Canon S60 so I can definately use the same settings. However, I've always been reluctant to take a tripod into the parks, especially since I've never been to DL. Where did you stand? Does the tripod cause problems? Tripod Etiquette suggestions? Are the lockers large enough to store it during the day? I can actually do pretty decent video for personal use with a handheld MiniDV, but the still camera defiantely need help.

Dirk

Dirk-

Our tripod is compact enough to fit underneath our stroller. So, do not know the answer to the locker question. We headed to the hub area right after Parade of Dreams. There were already several people staking out their spots. We stood between the castle and the Partners statue, right about where the circle begins where the Partners statue is located. Since others stood in front of us, we stood for the fireworks. I try not to extend the tripod any higher than me and keep it in front of me so as not to be any more disturbing to those behind me. If the people in front of us had not stood, I would have just kept the tripod low and took photos from that vantage point. As I stated earlier, I had to use Photoshop mostly on the castle entrance to delete an annoying head but otherwise was able to get fairly unobstructed views. Good luck.

Tink33 said:
Those pictures are fantastic. I missed half of those projections on the castle. I guess I was so happy that DH joined me at Disneyland that I was lovingly staring in his eyes during the show.

I will leave him home next time so that I can see all of the show elements. ;) Who is up for a firework viewing DIS meet?

p.s. I love the pictures of your family in your signature.

Hey - you still owe me a meet!!!!! ;)

We just returned from Disneyland and saw the fireworks on monday. They were fantastic, but I did not take any pictures. Thank you for posting your pictures, they are fantastic! :flower:

First of all great pics. I cannot wait to go this year. I also want to say that all these people are talking about how the castle at DL is so small. But look at what they accomplished with these amazing fireworks. You could never have the same type of display at WDW with it's big castle. I guess all good things come in small packages.(Or so my husband says, I'm 5'2") I am so excited to see this show and all these great pics are helping me get through the long miserable months until I gooooooo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter