Photopass with reopening

Did we get Photopass for free?

We went to Disneyland on 5/18 and linked two photos to the app, one from Space Mountain and one from Splash Mountain. Today we saw a button that said "activate" in the Photopass area of the app, and we activated. We saw zero info about a payment but we were able to download the two photos in high quality.

We are familiar with ordering food from the app and I see the emails showing how much each order cost. I did not get any emails regarding the two photos I downloaded. Our credit card account doesn't show any additional charges pending. I searched through my emails and original Disneyland ticket purchase, and there was nothing related to Photopass. I doubt I would have added it when I purchased the tickets.

Is this some kind of free surprise or something they are testing out? I could find no information online about being able to download your photos for free.

Did we get Photopass for free?

We went to Disneyland on 5/18 and linked two photos to the app, one from Space Mountain and one from Splash Mountain. Today we saw a button that said "activate" in the Photopass area of the app, and we activated. We saw zero info about a payment but we were able to download the two photos in high quality.

We are familiar with ordering food from the app and I see the emails showing how much each order cost. I did not get any emails regarding the two photos I downloaded. Our credit card account doesn't show any additional charges pending. I searched through my emails and original Disneyland ticket purchase, and there was nothing related to Photopass. I doubt I would have added it when I purchased the tickets.

Is this some kind of free surprise or something they are testing out? I could find no information online about being able to download your photos for free.

When I bought the one day photopass option, it was obvious what I was doing, and it went thru iTunes which meant the payment was what was already set up in iTunes.

When I bought the one day photopass option, it was obvious what I was doing, and it went thru iTunes which meant the payment was what was already set up in iTunes.
Yeah, it's a weird situation. It was a green "activate" button but we never paid for Photopass. I was worried that by clicking it, we would be charged, but we haven't been.

I'm pretty familiar with the app as we made 4 mobile food orders yesterday and each one sent me an email confirmation right away and the credit card statement reflects each charge accurately. For the tickets themselves, I was charged $336 for 2 adult tickets and 1 child ticket, so I don't see how Photopass could be hiding in there.

We did buy Photopass once in 2018 and we bought MaxPass once in 2019, and I still have those emails. Maybe it's a glitch in the system and it was always flagged on my account as having a Photopass activation.

The last explanation I can think of is that when we bought Photopass in 2018, we were charged twice and got a refund on the mistake charge. Is it possible they never took the Photopass package off after they refunded us?

I saw a few photo pass people, but not many, and when we wanted a photo, no one was around. Does anyone have tips?

I saw a few photo pass people, but not many, and when we wanted a photo, no one was around. Does anyone have tips?

We were there May 2 and 3. There were a several in DL, less in DCA. One of the photographers in SW:GE blended right in with the other CMs. The only reason I realized he was a photographer was he was standing still, had a camera, and I saw sitting 20' away just looking around and so had time to observe. If it's an iconic photo spot, chances are there good there will be a photographer there.

We were there May 2 and 3. There were a several in DL, less in DCA. One of the photographers in SW:GE blended right in with the other CMs. The only reason I realized he was a photographer was he was standing still, had a camera, and I saw sitting 20' away just looking around and so had time to observe. If it's an iconic photo spot, chances are there good there will be a photographer there.
Thanks I'll look closer for them next time we're in a photo spot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter